Chapter 38: Crimson

Hyunjin's POV

"Stop! Don't hurt him!" I scream and lunge at the monster who is relentlessly beating Hyung. He just laughs and tosses me to the side then slams the metal rod into Hyung's broken body. I sob when I hear something else break. I feel so helpless. I can barely see anything because blood is dripping down my face.

"I'm ok." Hyung barely whispers. I know he is trying to smile at me without even having to look at him. Ever since I told him that I like it when he smiles, he always smiles to make me happy.

"What do you want from us?!" I sob and stumble to my feet.

"I want to watch you break! It is not fair that you got to grow up in a happy home while I had to suffer! You got to laugh and smile while I watched my mother whore around!" He shrieks and lands another bone breaking blow to Hyung.

"Then hurt me! Stop hurting them!" I scream and look over at Detective hyung who is barely staying conscious.

"Don't you know that it is more painful to watch the ones you love suffer?" He chuckles and walks over to me and pats my face.

"You disgust me." I scoff and bite his hand as hard as I can.

"Fucking hell!" He shrieks and shoves me into the wall with fury in his eyes.

"I'm not like you. I'm like Taehyung hyung. You were born a monster." I sneer and stare him in the eye.

"Do you think he is an angel? Do you not know the number of people he has tortured and killed?! You do not know the monster he is! His specialty for our father was to torture the ones our father wanted to make suffer. Do you know how unrecognizable those tormented bodies became after he was finished with them?!" He laughs hysterically with a wild look in his eyes.

"You turned into a monster without knowing real suffering. I can take one look at your scarless body to know that you were born with a disgusting soul. Your eyes are dead. Someone I love once told me that the window to our soul is our eyes. You have no soul because your window shows nothing but darkness." I tell him which seems to shock him.

"You're right. I am a monster. I am no one compared to Kim Taehyung, but I am the winner in the end. He is dying in a hospital while you are here, helpless. You will watch the one you love die. I swear to it."

"Think again, mother fucker!" A deep, angry voice rings through the air and has all of us stunned. "My Tae is going to be just fine! Yeonjun is going to live! And you are going to die the loser!" 

"Jungkook hyung!" I shout out in relief when I hear his voice. "Save Yeonjun hyung and Detective hyung!" I cry out and tackle Minjun to the ground. I finally got my hands loose.

Soon, gunshots echo throughout the warehouse while explosions from outside shake the ground. I hold Minjun down as long as I can, but he is stronger than me and quickly tosses me off of him. As I struggle to my feet, a bang rings through the room as Detective hyung suddenly stands in front of me.

"You will not harm them anymore!" Detective hyung shouts and tackles Minjun to the ground. When the gun is flung from Minjun's hand, I run over to it and pick it up. 

"Hyunjin, no!" Jungkook hyung's voice yells and a strong hand quickly takes the gun from me. "I promised my love that I would help make sure that your innocence is not destroyed. Losing your innocence is losing a piece of your soul." He softly tells me before tying a white silk sash over my eyes. 

I stand still as the screams of death and the stench of blood fill my senses. I know that if I move, I will get in his way, but I need to go to Hyung. He needs me. He's still in pain.