Chapter 18: Dark Side

Taehyung's POV

When we pull up to the apartment, there is a storm raging all around us, so Koo and I quickly jump out of the car. Hyunjin must be so scared right now. That bastard is becoming more violent.

I quickly follow behind Jungkook because he has done this more than I have and definitely knows how to do this better than I do. I was his practice.

"We have to hurry. The bastard is breaking down the door." Jungkook informs me then sneaks into the building from the fire exit.

We quietly sprint up the stairs as fast as we can. My little brother is in danger. I am sure that Choi Yeonjun is terrified as well. We have to make it in time.

I am a little confused as we run past the floor that Yeonjun lives on, but I trust Jungkook. So, I stay quiet and follow behind. I can't believe that this is what Jungkook always did when he would come to see me.

When we reach the floor above Yeonjun's apartment, Jungkook carefully opens the door and makes sure that no one is there. Hobi hyung has already hacked the cameras.

Once Jungkook is sure that everything is clear, we run down the hallway to the window at the end. He carefully opens it then looks down at Yeonjun's apartment below.

"Are we jumping from here to there?" I whisper and look down as well.

"If you want, you can stay here." Jungkook softly tells me as he gauges the jump.

"No, I'm coming with you." I mutter and look down.

"Ok, follow me." Jungkook whispers and makes sure that his hood, cap, and mask are covering his face. I quickly check mine as well. Once we are ready, he slips out of the window and jumps. I nervously watch then sigh in relief when he makes a perfect landing.

Jungkook looks up in the whipping storm then motions for me to follow. I quickly slip out of the window then hang off of the sill and shut the window. I know that Jungkook will catch me, so I let go and fall.

Jungkook's arms wrap around me when he catches me then holds me steady as I catch my balance.

"Thank you." I smile and snuggle my forehead against.

"Of course." Jungkook smiles then opens the balcony door.

When the doors open, my heart breaks at the sight before me. The two boys are huddled together and look terrified. Yeonjun quickly pulls Hyunjin into a protective hold. He really cares about my little brother.

Once we are sure that the two are ok, we quickly run into the living room and see that the bastard has kicked down the door. Jungkook quickly lunges at the man and beats him to the ground.

When the man reaches for the knife strapped to his thigh, I step on his hand and take the knife away. Once we have him apprehended, Jungkook yanks the man up from the ground by the hair and drags him back towards the balcony.

"We'll take this bastard with us." Jungkook informs the scared pair then walks to the balcony.

"Go ahead and call Detective Min Yoongi. He will send his men." I tell them as they huddle together.

I want to tell them that everything will be ok, but I can't. So I quickly follow Jungkook out of the apartment. I quietly gasp when Jungkook jumps from the balcony to the ground. I quickly follow and land in Jungkook's arms again.

Yoongi hyung has already taken the bastard from Jungkook and thrown him into the trunk of the car. Jungkook softly smiles and rubs my back to make sure that I'm ok. Before I can answer, lightning streaks across the sky and thunder shakes everything which makes me jump in surprise. Jungkook softly smiles and pulls me closer then leads me to the car.