Chapter 29: Attack in the Night

Author's POV

As the peaceful night is filled with quiet slumber, men in black gear and masks silently approach the house from the shadows once the moon is covered by a cloud. They are careful to not trigger the alarms as they break the locks and step into the quiet house.

Their movements are quick and calculated as they split up and go from room to room, looking for their targets. As one looks outside, he scoffs at the remnants of the lovers' wild pool party.

When the door to the lovers' room silently opens, two men stealthily approach the sleeping pair. Neither man cares about the dreams and hopes of the two as they lift their weapons. Before either could discharge their weapons, the pair sits up and shoots the men.

Jungkook quickly springs from the bed and runs out of the room as Taehyung checks to make sure both are dead. Gunshots fill the once peaceful house as the used to be doctors protect the lives of each other.

Namjoon curses as he stands up and walks over to the dead men on the stone floor while Jin carefully follows behind. When they hear the other gunshots, they both leave their room to check on the others.

"Hyung!" Jungkook yells as he busts into Hoseok's room to see Hoseok standing there with his gun pointed at the injured man that Eunwoo is tying up.

"I only injured him so that we can make him talk." Hoseok explains and sits down on the bed.

"Are you ok? Did you hurt yourself?" Jungkook asks and quickly makes his way over to his hyung.

"I'm ok. I've healed plenty." Hoseok smiles and hugs his concerned little brother.

As Jungkook checks on Hoseok, Taehyung runs to Hyojo. When he runs into the room, he sees the eight guards holding three tied up men.

"Are you ok?" Taehyung asks when he sees her curled up on the bed.

"Did he find me?" She quietly asks and looks up at Taehyung with tears in her eyes.

"I'm honestly not sure. There are others who want us dead." Taehyung softly answers and walks over to her.

"The guards were fast." She smiles and tries to calm down.

"Mhm." 

"Is everyone else ok?" She asks as Taehyung motions for the guards to remove the three men.

"I believe so." He answers and looks her up and down to make sure she is ok.

Jungkook's POv

Once I am sure that Hyung is ok, I go and check on the others. The moment I walk into Yoongi hyung and Jimin's room, I am assaulted by Yoongi's curses as he kicks one of the men over and over.

"You tried to fucking hurt my JIMIN! I hope you are being escorted to the deepest fucking pit of hell! You piece of shit!" Yoongi hyung screams in anger and kicks the man again.

"Are you guys ok?" I ask as I look at Jimin for answers because Yoongi hyung is beyond upset to answer me right now.

"We're ok. He just woke up on the wrong side of bed." Jimin grins and shakes his head as Yoongi hyung huffs in frustration.

"Ok, good." I nod and walk out of their room to check on Namjoon and Jin to see them running towards me.

"Is everyone ok?" Namjoon asks once he reaches me.

"Yeah, we are all ok." I smile and nod and watch as the guards drag the three struggling men out of Hyojo's room.

"It looks like four are alive."  I mumble and walk towards the room that Taehyung is in with the others following behind.