Chapter 23: Nightmares

Hyunjin's POV

Hyung and I have been running around, trying to find out anything we can about Park Minjun. Right now, we are on the way to Jeju Island to meet a woman that we found out is close to him. I'm nervous because this is my first time flying, but Hyung has been really sweet and caring. Also, Detective Im has been by our side throughout everything.

"First class passengers are now boarding." The lady announces over the overhead speakers.

"That's us." Hyung smiles and grabs our suitcases.

"First class?" I ask and quickly follow him.

"Mhm." Hyung hands our tickets to the smiling lady while I nervously pinch his sleeve for emotional support.

"Did you buy me first class?" Detective Im asks with a surprised face.

"I did. Is that ok?" Hyung asks as we walk down the tunnel thingy to the airplane.

"I just- Thank you." Detective Im smiles and respectfully nods his head to Hyung.

"Don't bow, Detective." Hyung chuckles as we look for our seats.

"For the last time, just call me Changkyun hyung or just Hyung." Detective Im chuckles and shakes his head as he sits in his seat.

"Ok, Hyung." Hyung grins and helps me to my seat.

"How long is the flight?" I ask Hyung and fidget with the confusing buckle. I have no idea how any of this stuff works.

"It's only an hour." He softly answers and buckles me in.

"Do you think that she'll answer our questions?" I mumble and look at the questions that we've prepared.

"I'm not sure. I'm not even sure that she knows who Park Minjun really is." Hyung sighs and begins flipping through the things we have found out about the illegal slave fighting.

"And if we tell her, she might not even believe us. Who would want to believe that their lover is a monster?" I sigh and close my iPad.

"It's ok. We might learn more than we are expecting." Hyung smiles and pats my head.

Well, let's say that take off is terrifying. I am literally clinging to Hyung with my eyes closed. I am pretty sure that I squealed like a little kid, too. Why do I keep embarrassing myself in front of Hyung?

"Are you ok?" Hyung softly asks once the plane seems to have leveled out.

"No." I fuss and bury my face in his shoulder.

"Cute." There Hyung goes again! He keeps calling me cute! How am I supposed to stay sane when he says it like that with that deep, endearing voice?!

"I'm going to take a nap." I mumble and turn away from him in embarrassment then close my eyes.

"M'kay." Hyung answers then begins lowering the chair into a bed. To my surprise, he pulls the blanket over me and makes sure that I am comfortable. He is too much! He keeps making my weak heart flutter!

Surprisingly, I am exhausted and end up passing out.

Yeonjun's POV

While Hyunie sleeps, I continue to go over all of our notes. Luckily, our companies have agreed to allowing us to work on this project together even though we work for different companies.

As Hyunie sleeps, he rolls over and faces me. He looks like an angel when he's awake, but he's even more angelic when he's asleep. How is this possible?

I know that I shouldn't watch him while he sleeps, but he is sleeping like an angel. He used to always avoid me while we were university anytime that I tried to talk to him. Now I know that is just because he is shy. I should have pursued him harder instead of backing off because I thought that he didn't like me. This time, I won't be backing off unless he tells me that I make him uncomfortable.