Chapter 37: Devil

Jungkook's POV

"Baby!" What happened?! Where are you?! Tae, please answer me!!!

"Koo." The soft whisper catches my attention.

"Baby!" I scream and run over to him and instantly pull him into my arms. "What happened?! Who did this to you?! Baby?!" I sob and hold his broken body in my hands.

"H-He took her." Tae barely whispers and winces in pain.

"Oh god! Stay with me." I feel my entire world crashing down on me as I hold his broken body in my arms. I can't lose him.

"I-I'm ok." He whimpers in pain and tries to snuggle closer to me.

"L-Let me call for help." I sob as my hands shake, and I frantically look around the broken penthouse.

"Jin! Talk to me!" Namjoon's screams startle me. When I look over to where the screams are coming from, I see Namjoon holding Jin's limp body in his hands.

"There's been an attack. Please come. Quickly." I sob into the phone and look at the blood that is splattered all over the penthouse.

"EUNWOO!" Hyung's terrified scream breaks my heart. He is desperately pressing a bleeding wound on Eunwoo's abdomen.

"Take the knife out." Tae softly begs as he weakly reaches over to the knife protruding from his abdomen.

"No, if you do, you'll bleed to death. You're a doctor. You know this." I cry and hold his hands to my lips.

"It hurts." He whimpers and looks at me with teary eyes.

"I know, Tae. I know." I sob and do everything I can for him.

"Jimin-ah!" Yoongi hyung screams and runs past me.

I watch as he frantically looks around the room for his lover. The moment he sees Jimin buried under a broken table, he screams and rushes to his side. 

Who did this? Tae said that he took her. Was it Minjun? He's the only one who makes sense.

When the police and EMTs finally flood into the penthouse, Tae is dragged from my arms and wheeled to an ambulance. I follow next to the gurney while never letting go of his hand.

"I'm not leaving you." Tae whispers during the ambulance ride to the hospital.

"Please don't." I cry and hold his hand to my face. I can't take my eyes from his eyes. There is so much pain in his eyes. I feel so helpless.

"Who the fuck was it?!" Namjoon screams in anger outside the OR once his head has been bandaged.

"It has to be Minjun. Hyojo is gone." Hobi hyung whispers as tears stream down his pale face.

"Jimin-ah." Yoongi hyung sobs and collapses to his knees as he stares at his love's blood on his hands.

"We got the call! What happened?" Detective Im shouts as he, Hyunjin, and Yeonjun frantically run over to us.

"The penthouse was attacked while we were gone. Six of the eight guards are dead." I explain and try to get ahold of my emotions.

"Taehyung hyung, is he ... is he ok?" Hyunjin whispers and desperately grabs my hands.

"He's in surgery right now." I mumble as fresh tears stream down my face.

"We'll look into this." Detective Im and Detective Chae tell us then quickly walk off to find the detectives who are investigating the attack.

"I-I promised to protect him. That's why I became a detective. I promised to keep my Jimin safe. I promised him!" Yoongi sobs and shakes on the hospital floor.