Chapter three: Graduation

Time skip

Almost a year has past and now it's time for the genin exams. Over this time Naruto and Madara have grown closer. As time passed they become inseparable, they trained together trying to get stronger. Every day to them was like a second chance. When they sparred they could never go full out. The ground would shake under the pressure as there fists clashed.

Madara like his life now. The blond brought a different side of him out. One that he thought never existed. Naruto brought the good out of Madara. He was Madara's light in the darkness, Naruto helped keep the darkness at bay, keeping it from consuming him. This was the happiest Madara's felt in a long time and it was all because of the blond.

It was a few weeks before Kurama woke up from the time travel jutsu and almost instantly Naruto asked if Madara coming with them to the past was an accident or on purpose. But the fox just laughed and said nothing. Much to Naruto's annoyance.

But now we see the duo walking to the academy. "Come on or we'll be late" Naruto said picking up the speed. He didn't like to be late. Because that's why everyone he cared about died, he was too late to save them. He was too slow to reach them. "We'll be fine. If anything we'll be early" Madara replied but speed up anyway to catch up with the rushing blond.

Not long later they arrived at class, early. Madara sighed as he took his seat next to Naruto. "I told you" Madara huffed shaking his head. Naruto just chose to ignore the slight dig and the clear 'I told you so, you should listen to me more'. They remained in comfortable silence as other students began to filter in.

Soon Iruka came in, for once it was peaceful, no loud annoying screeches. Naruto looked around the classroom to see why it was unusual quite to see that Sakura and Ino weren't here yet. 'And it was going so well' Naruto thought preparing for the attack on his ears that would commence soon.

And just like that with his sensitive hearing, he heard foot steps racing towards the classroom. The door was flung open. "I won Ino-pig!" Sakura yelled. "No! My foot is in front of yours, Billboard brow!" Ino screeched pointing to there feet. Everyone cringed at there loud voices. Naruto felt blood start to flow from his ears. 'Shit' Naruto thought as the tried to hid it. 'Kurama can you heal them?' Naruto asked his fox friends, who only replied with a snort. Of course the great fox could, did he even have to ask? Madara saw the crimson red blood flow from Naruto's ears as it dripped down the side of his face. Madara was not happy. These two, children, had been so loud they hurt Naruto. But he remained silent knowing Naruto would disapprove of anything he'd do. Plus, he knew the fox would heal Naruto. Naruto whipped the blood away now his ears where healed.

Iruka just sighed at there behaviour. "Both of you quite down and take your seats" Iruka told them. They both nodded and took there seats letting Iruka start. "So, as you all now today is the genin exams. Mizuki here will hand out the written exams" Iruka said gesturing to Mizuki to give the tests out.

When Mizuki got to Naruto he gave him a cruel smile and handed him his test. Naruto looked at the test to notice that it had a small almost unnoticeable genjutsu on it. "Kai" Naruto whispered breaking the small genjutsu. No wonder Naruto struggled so much the first time. Naruto flew through the written exam, once he finished it he put his pencil down and decided to look round the room to see who else had finished. Next to him Madara had obviously finished almost the same time as him. Seeing that not many had finished yet, Naruto put his head down using his arms as a pillow and decided to try and get some sleep.

When he woke up it was too the sound of Iruka's voice. "Alright class that's time. Put your pencil's down I'll come collect your tests" and with that Iruka started walking around the classroom collecting the test papers.