Chapter five: C-Rank Mission

Team 7 have been doing D-rank missions for the past few weeks. Currently then are doing yet another D-rank mission, the mission was to find and retrieve a cat named, Tora.

"Everyone in position?" Kakashi asked over the Comms.

"Hai" Naruto replied sensing that everyone was in position.

They watched as the cat moved.

"Now!" Kakashi commanded. All of his students jumped down at the cat. But Naruto just jumped down for the tree and waited.

Tora weaved between them dogging the arms coming for them. Sakura grabbed Tora. "Hah, I got the cat!" Sakura shouted in victory, but that victory was short lived as Tora scratched her. Sakura shouted in pain as she dropped the cat "stupid cat!"

Tora ran to Naruto and jumped, Naruto quickly caught the cat in his arms as Tora started to purr. He gave a soft smile as he stroked the purring cat. "Mission accomplished, I have Tora" Naruto told them as he began walking to the Hokage tower leaving his shocked team members.

Soon Team 7 was once again in the Hokage's office giving there mission report. Hiruzen was shocked when he saw Team 7 walking into his office in record time, no one, no team, has caught Tora that fast. He looked at Tora who was happily in Naruto's arms purring. Iruka who was sat next to the Hokage was also shocked. He remembered when he'd receive the Tora mission and it always took forever.

A woman ran towards Team 7, more pacifically, Naruto. "Oh thank you for getting Tora for me!" She shouted as she took Tora who Naruto had held out to the woman. "It was no problem" Naruto told her smiling. The woman smile back as she left with the cat.

"Well done Team 7" Hiruzen praised them. "Now, for you next mission there..." Hiruzen began listing off some missions, well more like chores. But before he could continue to list of more, Naruto cut him off. "Can we have a harder mission, Jiji?" Naruto asked while looking at the old Hokage, getting nods of agreement for his fellow genins.

"Naruto!" Iruka yelled. "Show the Hokage some respect" he scolded Naruto. "It's alright Iruka, he's been calling me that since we met" Hiruzen informed Iruka waving him of. Irkua nodded and calmed down.

"Kakashi, what do you think? You are there sensei, are they ready?" Hiruzen asked now looking at the sliver haired man who was reading his orange book. "Yes, I think there ready" Kakashi told the Hokage as he looked up from his precious orange book looking at his team, then he looked at the old Hokage. "I see" Hiruzen nodded.

Hiruzen looked through some of the scrolls before he found the one he was looking for. "There a C-rank mission, the mission is to guard a bridge builder to the land of waves and protect him while he finishes builds it" Hiruzen told Team 7 as he handed the scroll to Kakashi.

"With all due respect, Hokage" Iruka began as he stood up. "I don't think there ready for a C-rank" Iruka told the Hokage as he looking at Team 7. "Iruka you have no say in what they do now, you are no longer there sensei" the aged Hokage told Iruka. "Bring him in" Hiruzen called out then he office door opened and the room was instantly filled with the smell of alcohol.

Hiruzen looked at Naruto with a apologetic look. He knew that Naruto didn't like the smell of alcohol. He knew that the smell to Naruto usually means that pain is coming around the corner. But he also knows that this is Naruto from the future. Hiruzen knows, that Naruto meet Tsunade in the future and she loves sake. So he thought Naruto had gotten of it. But when he looked at Naruto and saw him freeze, he knew that wasn't the case.

Hiruzen subtly tightened the grip on his hands. Unless the villages where up to there old but new tricks. He felt anger fill him though it was well hidden. Naruto wouldn't ever hurt a villager ever if it was self defence. So even now, when he knows Naruto is strong and very capable of defending himself. He won't.

Hiruzen calmed himself as he looked once again at Naruto.

——————
Naruto didn't like the smell of alcohol. It reminded him too much of the nights where he was chased through out the village by drunken villagers that wished to kill him. Wanting to drown out there sorrow by killing him when alcohol wasn't enough.

The memory's where still fresh in his mind. Well he relived them. He'd not come home until the next day after the villagers caught him, not wanted to worry Madara. Who already gave threatening looks when they whispered harsh words about him as they walked the streets. It didn't help that since the war his senses are more sensitive, mainly his sense of smell.

"Naru?" Naruto unfroze when he heard the voice of Madara call out to him. Hiruzen tried not to laugh when he heard The Madara Uchiha subconsciously give Naruto a nickname. But a quiet chuckle escaped him.

Naruto turned to face the Uchiha who called out his name. "Are you alright?" Madara asked taking a step closer to Naruto. "Yes, I'm fine" Naruto replied regaining his composure.

Madara saw the look Kakashi had in his eye. It was of sadness and regret along with some guilt. He narrowed his eyes as he looked back at Naruto with a look that clearly said 'we'll talk later and you will tell me'. He was not going to be left in the dark to why Naruto asked as such. Naruto sighed in defeat and looked away.

———————
Tazuna looked at the team in front of him that was going to protect him, sake in hand. "They don't look all to strong. You sure they can protect me?" Tazuna asked uncertain. "Especially that blond one" Tazuna said pointing at Naruto. This got a laugh out of Sakura and a smirk form Saskue. "That's because he is" Sakura told Tazuna. "He's not as strong as my Saskue-kun" she carried on why moving some of her pink hair out of her way. Sasuke gave a cocky smirk straightening his posture.

Madara narrowed his eyes at the banshee and the cocky Uchiha. "I can assure you there strong enough to handle some bandits, especially the blond" the aged Hokage told Tazuna, not pleased with Sakura's reaction or Saskue for that matter.

Tazuna cleared his throat "my name is Tazuna, the great bridge builder, you will protect me with your lives" Tazuna informed them pointing to himself. "Alright Team 7 meet at the gates in a hour , pack for a month" Kakashi told them and dispersed in a Shunshine. Soon followed by Naruto and Madara. Leaving Saskue and Sakura to walk home and pack.

———————

Naruto and Madara reappeared in Naruto's rundown apartment. "Talk" Madara command crossing his arms facing Naruto. See Madara so serious Naruto gulped knowing there was no getting out of this. "Well you see..." Naruto trailed off not really knowing where to start.

Naruto sighed sitting down trying to collect his thoughts. "Alright I'll start from the beginning but It'll be shortened, we only have a hour" Naruto said looking at Madara who followed suit and sat down as well. "Obito, your apprentice, attacked when I was born, on the 10th of October. My mothers seal was weakened due to my birth, so he dragged Kurama from her seal. He made Kurama attack the village. My father, the fourth, sealed Kurama in me to save the village at the cost of his live. My mother also died trying to save me from Kurma trying to kill me along with my father" Naruto explained talking a deep breath before continuing.

"Since birth I've been the jinchuuriki, someone on the council leaked out this information-" before Naruto could continue Madara cut him of. "That's against the laws! Me and the Senju brothers came up with that law together, for once it was something we could all agree on" Madara explained his sharingan spinning to life with his anger.

Naruto sighed waiting for Madara to calm down. It took a few minutes but Madara finally sat back down with a huff. "Anyway, the villagers saw me as the kyuubi recantation. So they hated me. Something they'd hunt me down and try to -finish what the forth started- but when they where dunk it was the worst. Every year on my birthday, the 10th of October, they'd do something called the fox hut and spend the night hunting me down" Naruto told Madara who look him with no emotion, but he knew better. After spending so much time with the Uchiha, he knew Madara was seething with rage.

"So that's why you'd not come back some night" Madara asked but it was more of statement. Naruto just nodded looking down. "Why didn't you fight back?" Madara asked trying to keep his anger under control. "I didn't want to hurt them. There hurting enough" Naruto almost whispered but Madara heard it.

Madara shook his head "your took kind for this world" and with that he stood up and went to pack for the mission. "You not the only who's told me that" Naruto muttered also going to pack.