Chapter Twenty: Caught

Kurama watched as the sky changed from black to blue, as the moon fell and the sun raised.

Kurama sighed as he tuned to look at the still sleeping Naruto in his nine tails. He didn't want to wake Naruto up, the blond looked so peaceful and carefree but he had to. Naruto had to get up to continue the journey back to the leaf village.

"Kit" Kurama called trying to wake the sleeping blond. "Come kit, it's time to get up" Naruto stared waking up.

"Kurama..." Naruto called opening his eyes to stared at the fox who was looking down at him.

"Good morning kit, sorry but you have to get up and go back to that perv" Kurama told Naruto. Naruto stood up and stretched.

Naruto walked other to his bag as he began to rummage in it mumbling to himself. Not finding what he was looking for he stoped his search with a sigh.

Kurama stood up and walked other to Naruto. Naruto stood up and picked his bag up. "Come on Kurama back into the seal" the blond told the fox, Kurama looked up and Naruto to see that the blonds blue eyes where no longer bright like the sky, but dull and empty.

Kurama cursed under his breath, wanting the kill Jiraiya. Jiraiya had made Naruto loss his light which the war even had trouble sniffing out.

"Kit I-" Kurama began but was cut off by Naruto. "No you can't stay out the seal" the blond told the nine tailed fox who huffed.

"And why is that?" Kurama asked sitting in front of Naruto his tails swishing behind him.

"Well for it'll be a bit strange in I came back with a fox by my side" Naruto told Kurama crossing his arms, a bit disheartened that he couldn't keep Kurama out next to him.

"I can put a henge on my tails" Kurama tried knowing that it was just him who wanted him to stay out the seal.

Naruto shook his head "sorry Kurama, you know that won't work" he told the fox.

Kurama knew this but he really didn't want to go back into the seal, especially when Naruto had to go back to Jiraiya.

Kurama huffed, grumbled as he disappeared going back into the seal.

Naruto sighed as he picked up his bag swinging it onto his shoulder. He left the forest heading back to where Jiraiya was last in the clearing.

Naruto came into the clearing to see no Jiraiya. 'I guess he left without me' he though as he began to walking back to the leaf village.

"Wait, he left you here, on you own! Do he not realises that the Akatsuki are hunting you! I know that you can defend yourself at take on all the Akatsuki and win but he doesn't know that!" Kurama yelled in rage in his mind, his nine tails thrashing behind him in his anger.

Naruto was walking down the road that'll take him to Konoha. 'I'll catch up to him, it'll be fine' the blond told the  Kurama as he walked a little faster.

"Why catch up you can just hiraishin to your marks" Kurama told Naruto. During the journey Naruto had left his hiraishin seal on trees and other things in case he either needed to get somewhere fast.

'I can't do that in case I hiraishin too close near Jiraiya. I don't want him to know I can use the hiraishin' Naruto told Kurama as he walked taking in the nature around him.

The fell into silence as Naruto walked. He walked for four hours till he was the back of Jiraiya. Naruto didn't say anything as he caught up to the white haired man.

Jiraiya saw Naruto coming up next to him as he looked at Naruto from the corner of his eyes.

"What do you want brat?" Jiraiya asked his unhappiness of seeing Naruto again was clear.