Chapter Seventeen: promotions

Naruto and Madara walked side by side towards the Hokage's tower. Tsunade, the new Hokage asked for them to come to her office.

"It shouldn't change much, if anything at all" Madara told Naruto trying to calm the worried blond.

Naruto and Madara soon arrived at the Hokage's office. Naruto knocked on the door to the Hokage's office.

"Come in!" Naruto and Madara heard Tsunade shout from in side.

They saw Kakashi stood there along with Asuma and Shikamaru.

Kakashi and Asuma where stood to the side while Shikamaru was stood in front of Tsunade's desk.

Naruto and Madara entered and walked to stand next to Shikamaru.

Tsunade linked her hands and rested her head in her hands. "Do you there know why I called you here?" She asked looking at the three genin in front of her.

Shikamaru sighed mumbling troublesome. "It's about the chunin isn't it?" He asked slouching having an idea that they where getting promoted.

Tsunade nodded "right, before Hiruzen.... Died he left notes of who was qualified to become Chunin" she told them pulling out a piece of paper.

"Shikamaru Nara" Tsunade called, Shikamaru stood straighter and stepped forward.

"In the Chunin exams, you showed you could make a strategy with limited information to beat you opponent" Tsunade said pulling out a Chunin vest that was next to her desk.

"So I hear by appoint you the rank of Chunin" she smiled handing Shikamaru the Chunin vest. Shikamaru took the vest and smiled slightly while putting it on.

Kakashi, Asuma, Naruto and Madara clapped for Shikamaru.

Tsunade waited for them to stop clapping. Once they stoped clapping Tsunade continued.

"Madara Uchiha" Tsunade said making Madara step forward.

"During the Chunin exams you showed you calculate your opponents before fight, you also come up with a way to beat them" Tsunade said pulling out another Chunin vest.

"The the invasion happed you didn't hesitate to help and protect the civilians and killed some of the attackers, so I hear by appoint you the rank of Chunin" Tsunade told Madara who took the Chunin vest and put it on.

Naruto, Kakashi, Asuma and Shikamaru clapped for the Uchiha.

"Naruto Uzumaki" Tsunade called, Naruto stepped forward.

"You showed you where strong and smart during the exams, you examined you opponents before coming up with an plan and executing it and winning the fight"  Tsunade said pulling out a Chunin vest.

"During the invasion you helped protect the Village and killed when needed, you also defeated the one tailed beast saving up from more losses and damage. Because of this I'm appointing you the rank of Chunin" Tsunade said smiling proudly while handing Naruto the Chunin vest.

Naruto took the vest smiling putting it on.

Naruto and Madara where walking through the streets of Konoha once again. While they where walking they heard people talking at Naruto.

"why would the Hokage let the demon become a Chunin?"

"I know she should have killed that demon before he gets too strong"

Naruto tensed slightly and began to speed up. Madara stoped and looked at where he heard them talking and stared at them with his Sharingan activated, it blazed red the totem's spinning wildly.