𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎. 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷

(Y/N)'s POV

 I was practically getting annoyed by the guy that sat next to me. He would swing his head with whatsoever rhythms in his mind; no, he got the headphones and music walker. Then he would tap his feet, twirl his pen and drop it every five seconds.

Detention. I shouldn't be here. I had to rush to my part-time at the convenience store near that filing station in about twenty minutes, but here I was, sitting in the detention-arranged classroom for being late to school for half of the first period. My homeroom teacher wouldn't even hear me explain.

Mr. Moody was one of the teachers I never wanted to cross; he was moody, such a funny coincidence in his name. He forgot I had to deal with my stepfather every morning, so he ended up yelling at me for procrastinating. But that's not the main reason. He's just irritated about his girlfriend cheating on him, finding her joining sort of a man, who worked in the government official, visiting a private, refined restaurant in town on Saturday; quite a massive rumor for teenagers like us, who craved for tea to spread and discuss.

I sighed, feeling frustrated. I tried to focus on my homework, so I could have more free time to rest at night. However, the guy who sat next to me was really, really annoying. He was now popping the gum and was getting on my nerves.

''Can you stop that?'' I eventually had to whispered-shouting at the person who sat at the immediate left of me. ''It's distracting!''

''Stop what?'' The guy curved his lips upward, and two adorable round cheeks could be seen. Then he rested his head on his palm and looked at me with a mischievous grin that I was sure-- he was up to no good.

I huffed, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

I knew him; he was in my grade but not in the same homeroom class. I could recognize this guy since I was six or seven, basically when I was in primary school. Why? Because he got damn shocked eye-catching silver hair; I believed his name's Peter Maximoff.

In my memory, I never really talked to him before, but he's so eye-catching. The way he spoke in such a hurry, the way he walked cockily with his hands in his pockets and headphones covered on his ears; it was like he didn't care about anybody else but himself in this world, just doing his own thing. He never hangs out with the hot boys, mean girls, or other popular and unpopular students in school. And, of course, he skipped classes; for my record, he didn't attend school for a full day any single time before.

I bet that's why he had to stick in here as well.

Needless to say that he's really annoying.

''Stop taping your feet and quit dropping your pen.''

He did stop what he was doing, but he leaned closer to me, and I was taken aback by his sudden shortened distance.

''What's your name? Whatcha doin'? Whatcha doin?'' He asked a playful smirk dancing on his lips; he might have seen me flustered when he leaned closer. ''I've never seen you in school before.''

I slowly shifted to my right, mumbling. ''Wouldn't like you to know.''

The silver hair boy chuckled, sitting back in his seat with hands supporting behind his head. ''What makes you think I wouldn't want to know a pretty girl's name like you, and she's too good to be here?''

I closed my eyes, inhaling a deep breath. Ignore him, (Y/N). He's just messing around; he's too full of himself to think I was easy. He probably said that to a bunch of girls outside the school.

Feeling the calmness in my mind again, I continued to work on my biology assignment.

''Hey, my name's Peter,'' said the silver head, tapping his foot again, but this time, he was making quite a scene. I'm sure that the teacher must have heard him of the death glances she kept sending to Peter.