𝙲𝙷. 𝟸 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚎

''Hey, I got something for you.'' As you walked out from your workplace at the cassettes, Peter was already outside the store with his hands kept in his pockets, head wobbling with the whatsoever rhythm in his headphones.

It's been a week since you've associated with Peter Maximoff. Things were just as fine as usual, except he always insisted to bring you to your workplace and escorted you home every day. Ever since then, you considered Peter as your friend, though it's been years since anyone your age wanted to friend with you.

Peter took off his earphones, looking at you in confusion. You handed him the latest Jim Croce cassette to him. ''You're welcome.''

His brown eyes widened, a big grin gradually plastered on his face before he reached his hands to receive. ''Why the good heart?''

''Because you helped me, take it.'' You pushed the cassette into his chest, making him grin wider.

The silver-haired boy took the music tape and quickly dashed out of your sight for a while. When he came back and stood in front of you, he shoved a backpack at you. ''Open it.''

You tilted your head, not getting his sudden offer. Was he trying to give this bag in return for the cassette tape? Opening the bag, you mentally counted the quantities of items in it. There were about twenty products like snacks and daily necessities that could be found in any random convenient store.

Chips, sweets, some small handy house products like bandages and band-aids...the latter ones were quite useful because you're gonna used them a lot.

''Wow...thanks, Peter.''

As you rummaged through the various products, Peter placed the cassette into his device, babbling about how hard he tried to get his hand on this tape until something caught your eyes-

-it was a small piece of gum.

What caught your attention wasn't the brand or flavor of the gum itself, but the words that were written on it.

''Peter.'' You called.

''Yeah?'' He replied nonchalantly without facing you, head bobbing with the rhythm.

''Where did you get these?''

''Several convenient stores and some supermarkets.''

Convenience store? Bingo, that answer stepped right in where your mind went.

''Peter, did you pay these?'' You asked, gaining much confidence after a short pause.

No response, followed by a long silence.

The fact that you accused him of stealing the gum at your workplace was ridiculous; still, there couldn't be two identical chewing gums that had the very same stupid hand-writings of yours just because you got bored on a Saturday night shift two weeks ago.

''Peter.'' You called again, but this time, you quickly walked to his front. ''I need you to answer if you had paid these.''

He didn't look your way, instead, his eyes glanced into a far distance behind you. No head bobbing nor foot tapping, this was unusual for him.

You scoffed, knowing he did steal some of the things from the convenience store where you work at. In what ways did he do such things? Wait, it made sense now that he'd confessed he's a mutant with super speed to you. And maybe...he didn't pay for all of them either.

You bit your lips, hands clenched into fists, shoving the bag into his hands while walking past him without saying goodbye. You didn't need a kleptomaniac to escort you home.

''Oh shit- (Y/N), wait!'' He quickly caught up with you, trying to block your way. ''Please hear me out.''

Could he really give a good explanation to ease the rage in your body?