𝙲𝙷. 𝟻-𝟸 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝

⚝  Peter's POV ⚝

Time: The day (Y/N) escaped, afternoon, outside D.C

 I felt so lucky to get her back; I didn't know what to do if I couldn't hang out with her again. I knew she was mad at me for stealing things, but I couldn't help to thieve. I'd been doing this for so long; only if I knew this would make her suffer from her stepfather.

That didn't matter, as long as I got her attention back on me, and I would try to reduce the frequency of stealing. Or, I could probably make up for her.

As usual, I ditched school, but I still got to go there when it was over. I'd already wasted the opportunity to hang out with her, so I needed to offset those time, using every second if permitted. Slipping on my headset, music on, and goggles ready, I dashed towards the school gate before the bell rang.

According to expectation, the bell would ring right after 3, 2, 1- there; groups and groups of students started to exit the gate. Some boys with super cool hairstyles strode out; next were the hot girls, and nerds with books in their hands followed behind.

Weird, she was normally on time, right at fifteen and five seconds. Was she punished for being late again? Wondering, I quickly slipped on my goggles, making a run to the detention-arranged classroom when no one noticed me.

She wasn't here. Where was she? Did I overlook her? That couldn't be happening, though I wasn't so sure. Guess I just had to take a look at the cassette store. So I ran there, and guess what? She wasn't there either.

Did I mess up with her schedule? She went to the convenience store yesterday, the one at the filling station. Wait. Wait, I got it.

The news of her was still spreading in town.

-Flashback-

  Awaking from my sleep at seven a.m. or so, I went upstairs for breakfast and saw mom and my two sisters, Wanda and Lorna, all gawking at the news on television. What's so interesting that made them all look like that with the expression? Their eyes were wide, mouth agape. The local news didn't usually terrorize me; they were all quite the same, robbery, robbery, or involved with the authority.

Funny, if I got reported on the news for stealing things like that on the TV, bet they wouldn't watch the news with those stupid faces.

Walking past them to get the milk, I overheard the report.

''Can you describe the scene earlier this evening, sir?''

''Certainly, I tell ya', it was horrible! That girl used the mutant power with her fingers to erase the memory of those men! She's dangerous; hell knows what else she'll do if I hadn't tackled her first?!''

''Madam, how do you feel about the mutant girl you just encountered?''

''It was a bit scary at first, I meant — this was my first time seeing a mutant performing power right before me.''

Typical. People tended to get scared of things they couldn't control, or the things beyond imagination. But all (Y/N) did was protect the victims. As if she did something horrible, like shoplifting, my kind of habit.

''Look! That's Ms. Smith!'' exclaimed Lorna, pointing to a lady at the reporter's immediate right. Indeed, the lady was Ms. Smith. I recognized her because mom told me to pick up Lorna at her school.

''What's your opinion about this mutant girl, miss?''

''I was shocked, honestly. I can't tell what she exactly did to those men, but—'' she gulped, trying to calm herself down.