𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟷 𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚜

You sat in the usual seat on the journey to Paris and D.C on the jet with your heart beating aloud as if it would jump out of your chest any sooner. The sight of the sky wasn't clear yet, it was just starting to turn blue, in a subtle mixture of colors yellow, orange, and greyish tinted in blue.

As the adults said, you were trained to make better, decent assistance in the following missions; it didn't occur to you that the next task would start immediately, though. You hadn't had enough practice even after that evening, for Hank and the professor had sent you to bed early, so you could get up at five the next day, which was today. The purpose was to arrive at D.C at the earliest opportunity, to stop Raven at the White House before she attacked Mr. President or Trask in front of the camcorders, and broadcast to the whole world.

-Flashback-

Professor took off the machine on his head, exhaling softly in sorrow. Everyone knew that he couldn't persuade Raven to change her mind, not even the professor, the person so close to him since he was little.

"Where is she?" asked Logan.

"She's in an airport, boarding a plane."

"A plane to where?" you asked.

"Washington, D. C.," said the professor after a second or two.

"Hey guys..." began Hank, grabbing your attention, "there's something I need to show you."

Hank led you to a chamber located near his bedroom. There you saw, countless cables, shelves with components and tools, which you couldn't name, and some screens were in your sight, letting you gasp in awe. A 'wow' accidentally slipped out of your mouth.

"I set the system I designed to record any news about Paris over all three networks," explained Hank hastily, "and PBS."

"All three? Wow," replied Logan nonchalantly, and you couldn't help but giggle at his sarcasm. But you still thought Hank was brilliant.

"Yeah, and PBS." Hank plopped down on the chair, showing something for you to look at. "Look what I found."

A piece of news started to play. "Tomorrow in front of the White House, the president will make his announcement. He'll be joined by the Secretary of Defense, and has even sought the help of renowned scientist Bolivar Trask, his special advisor to combat this mutant issue. The white House has asked..." Hank paused the video, turning to you.

"Raven doesn't realize that...if she kills Trask at an event like that—with the whole world watching..." stated the professor.

"Then I came a long way for nothing..." sighed Logan.

"And there's more bad news—I saw in a report that they found traces of her blood in Paris. For all we know, they already have her DNA, which is all they'd need."

"To create the sentinels of the future."

The brother-like figure exhaled heavily, "Now there's a theory in quantum physics that time is immutable. It's like a river—you can throw a pebble into it, and create a ripple, but the current always corrects itself. No matter what you do, the river just...keeps flowing in the same direction."

"What are you trying to say?"

"What I'm saying is—"

"I think, he meant the result will be the same, with or without our help to stop Raven," you interrupted.

"Quite right, (Y/N)," said Hank, then he continued to explain the theory to Logan. "What I mean is...What if the war is inevitable? What if she's meant to kill Trask? What if this is just simply who she is?"