𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟶 𝙶𝚕𝚊𝚍 𝚃𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚞𝚛𝚎

"This is bad...very bad," you muttered, plopping down hard on your usual seat on the jet.

"You're not the one who's on TV," snorted Hank, snapping at you in an irritated tone, "in case you didn't notice, the whole situation doesn't affect you much."

"Whoa, slow down, bud. Don't talk to her with that attitude.'' Logan butted in, trying to soothe the tension.

You couldn't blame him, Hank, not really. He was indeed the one on the TV, not you, nor professor, nor Logan, in his bluish, beast-like mutant appearance, roaring in defeat until you freed him from the iron bars that Magneto had manipulated to hold him still.

"It's over," said the professor, shaking his head in much despair. He kept drinking, like on the journey you came to Paris, gulping down bottles of liquor back to Westchester. He was upset, not only losing his friend once again but never being able to stop Raven from killing Trask; the plan to save the future or Raven was ruined, badly screwed. And now Trask would take the action further, then Raven or the future where Logan belonged, would be in danger, and all mutants, all humans, died in the hands of sentinels.

For the rest of the flight, no one dared to speak another thing about the event. You didn't like it at all, trapping in your thought repeating and repeating the horrible things that could happen in the future. Logan didn't say anything either; he only sighed a few times, then sipped the liquor and smoked his cigar. It was quiet, yet not a friendly one. Though you'd thought, Logan must have found some alternative plan to save Raven.

Entering the mansion, the professor soon tumbled to the ground, grunting in pain. You knew what happened, but of course, he was lack of the treatment and had to inject the serum without delay. You and Hank went to his side, helping him to get on his feet, each of you carrying his arms on the shoulders.

"Can he walk?" asked Logan, rushing to the professor's side.

"He needs his treatment," said Hank.

"Hank...I can hear them-" babbled professor.

"I know, it's okay. (Y/N), go get the needle," instructed Hank, and you obeyed without hesitation. "And bring the vial that contains your Gene essence along!"

"Can you make it stop?"

"It's okay; (Y/N)'s gone to fetch it," said Hank, holding the professor to sit on a nearby bench. "

"Hey, hey. Pull yourself together; it's not over yet," said Logan.

Just as you returned, the professor, Logan, and Hank were engaged in a slightly heated discussion. Hank was the first who broke the conversation, walking toward you with big steps, and you handed him the needle with serum and the vial that contained your healing Gene. Hank dropped an extra Gene of yours into the needle and passed it to the professor. "I, uh-I added extra dotes because you missed a dose."

Seeing the professor was going to inject, Logan called his name since he didn't like the idea of injecting the serum. You and Hank knew perfectly what the professor was thinking about, but he wanted the pain to cease; however, to both your and Hank's surprise, the professor dropped the needle, sobbing; as if trying to pull himself together.

"Uh, H-Hank, do me a favor. Will you help me with my study, please?" asked the professor.

You glanced at Hank, who seemed to stare thoughtfully at the professor for seconds before he responded, "Come on, I got you." The younger Dr. carried professor Charles towards the passage that led to the study, leaving you and Logan to stand there alone. Unsure of what to do, you picked up the needle and returned it to Hank's lab; it's up to Hank to decide the use of the bootless needle now, while Logan entered the study to where the hosts were.