𝙲𝙷. 𝟺 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚇-𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

''(Y/N), are you awake?'' Hank softly knocked on your door, calling for you to join him for breakfast.

You opened your eyes, receiving the sunlight coming through for careless act last night. You forgot to shut the curtains before sleeping when you decided to walk outside the balcony to clear your mind in the cool breeze.

It's been a month since you stayed in Professor's mansion, naming the X-mansion after the X-men unit applied the place as their base. And you'd been assigned to sleep in the same room where your father stayed years ago; due to your humble request.

The room was greater than yours back in Washington. Wardrobes, desk, a double bed with white veils, and the large French casement—so much advanced in contrast to your old, little room. A white bath pj's and X-men suit of your fathers were hung inside the wardrobe with garment bags to prevent the dust. The scent smelled like wood, with heavy dust blended in the air. The room was overall fine and held the memory of your father. You were content, with nothing to complain about.

Washing up, you quickly got changed to your day outfit and headed to the kitchen where Hank expected you to show up.

Stepping into the corridor that led to the main hall, you could hear some grunting, painful-sounded noises coming from the professor's office; this meant he was sober at the moment, so you were allowed to greet him later.

Living in the X-mansion wasn't as bad as you imagined, though the place was boring for losing the life as it should be. You'd to find yourself some stuff to do, or you'd be bored to death. Typically, you would visit Hank in his experiment lab for keeping company with him to do the research, which was related to your mutant genes.

After the Pr. Charles learned about your mutant power, and he insisted on Hank abstracting the blood blend in Hank's testing tube to make some treatments for the pr. Charles's legs. The treatment would reduce the usage of his powers, but on the contrary, it would ease the pain of his feet, enabling him to walk on his own, and he did.

-Flashback-

(One month ago)

''Hank? Who's there by the door?'' The voice of a male called. He had a strong English accent, like your father's.

The man with spectacles gulped hard, as he excused you for a while and left to inform the man in the house.

"Thank goodness he's still here," muttered your mother, comforting herself by touching a hand on her chest.

"Who?" you faced her, brows knitted in confusion.

"Your father's old pal, my college friend," she replied.

Just as she replied, the man with spectacles came back, holding the door wide enough for you and your mom to go inside.

''The professor agrees to see you. Please follow me.'' said the man, closing the door and leading us to where the 'professor' was.

Looking from the walls to floors, the ceilings to the chandelier, you were fascinated by everything you saw; paintings, antiques, and large stained glasses. This mansion was indeed magnificent and huge. Contrariwise, this place was dead quiet, except for the sounds of footsteps of yours.

The man led you to a hallway, and at the end of it, a middle-aged man with slightly long, wavy brown hair stood there. His state was much like Mr. Turk, and that was the last thing you wanted to see --an alcoholic.

''Charles, they're here.'' informed the man with spectacles, moving aside and motioning you both to go to the man.

''Who a-are you?'' The 'professor' demanded, holding a bottle of wine. ''You look s-slightly familiar.''