𝙲𝙷. 𝟽-𝟸 𝙲𝚘𝚗v𝚒v𝚒𝚊𝚕

⚝(H/T): Hair Texture, e.g. curly, wavy, straight...

⚝ Peter's POV ⚝

 I heard my mum call out the cops were here, again. Not afraid, they could ask anything they wanted, and I wouldn't care about them. There's one problem, though. Why was she with them? And who exactly were they? They drove the rental car here, not locals, I see. Were they from some sort of mutant-friendly organization? That made my previous guess about her returning to stay in town wrong. Ironically, when I thought about this, it did make me want to care about those men who came for me, it was because of her-

Footsteps pattered down the stairs to where I was at current, and three men showed up, watching me play ping pong with myself by getting to the opposite side with my super speed. I knew this would make mom worried, for showing off my power like that; in all honesty, I wasn't afraid to expose myself like (Y/N), but I could tell: the men that accompanied her were trustworthy. Though for now, I'd like to enjoy the prank-

''What do you guys want? I didn't do anything,'' I began.

I plopped down on the couch, laying casually to act nothing had happened. Seeing their eyes follow my presence in every direction was fun, which left them stunned, confused, and unable to catch up with me. "I've been here all day."

''Relax, Peter. We're not cops,'' said the man who stood on the left before me. He grew a beard that covered his chin and almost connected to his hilarious hairstyle. Seriously, the way he did with his hair in a two-pointed shape made him look like a cat or something.

''Of course, you're not cops. If you were cops, you wouldn't be driving a rental car.'' I replied, shrugging.

Then the man wearing sunglasses asked, ''How'd you know we've got a rental car?''

''I checked your registration when you were walking to the door. I also had some time to kill, so I went through your rental agreement and saw you're from out of town. Are you FBI?''

I took the wallet from the man in sunglasses and stood behind them, briefly eyeing the possessions in it, cards, credentials, cash. This man must be loaded. ''Nope, you're not cops. Hey, what's with this gifted youngsters' place?''

So this was where she went, a school facility founded by this man, could it be?

''That's an old...card,'' mumbled the man, looking surprised at how fast I got his wallet.

''Why, he's fascinating!'' I heard the man in ordinary glasses exclaim. He seemed to be the youngest among them three. Should I be worried about (Y/N) and his relationship?

''He's a pain in the arse,'' complained the man in sunglasses.

''What? A teleporter?''

''No, he's just fast,'' replied the man with a funny haircut. ''And when I knew him, he wasn't so...young.''

Great, now they got amazed by my powers. When could they go straight to the point so I could ask about (Y/N)? I wanna talk to her! Speaking of young, they were the ones who looked old, definitely older than me, like my father's age.

''Young? You're just old,'' I retorted, licking the lollipop.

''So you're not afraid to show your powers?''

There it was, the line I've been longing to hear.

''Powers? What powers? What are you talking about?'' I asked mischievously, savoring their perplexed look. ''Do you see something strange here? Nothing anybody would believe if you told them.''

I then dashed to my PONG machine, playing rounds as I was running out of patience to get their true intention. ''So who are you? And what do you want?''