𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟺 𝚂𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚍

It was awkward for Peter in the beginning since he could return home on his own, though you and the adults insisted on driving him back. Anyone could have thought the silver head wasn't content with the offer because he enjoyed the thrill of dashing back to his house; in fact, the way Peter thought was quite the opposite; for he would never turn down an opportunity that allowed him to stay with you. Even if it was only a second, to him, it still counted. Besides, (Y/N) was granted to go home. It was supposed to be happy, but the decision which (Y/N) had made up her mind didn't sound too delightful to your friend.

Hearing the plan to meet your mother after months of zero face-to-face contact had transformed your melancholy mood into bright sunny weather. "If Peter saw us on TV, your mother would too. She must be worried," said Hank with a smile to confirm you didn't hear things. Professor discussed with Hank about sending you back home since there wasn't any specific reason to stay at X-mansion anymore when your stepfather was imprisoned (as well as an ex-stepfather now). Though the thought somehow ached the professor's heart, Hank just felt much the same as the older man did.

To them, (Y/N) was their only sunshine in the mansion for days ever since the school was closed, and in all seriousness, she had brought joy and colors to the manor during her stay in these months. Regardless of how professor Charles treated the (H/C), he had grown fond of the girl by degree. Seeing her was like meeting his old friend, and it just reminded Charles how much his father because you had resembled the look of him. Like father like a daughter was what was on Charles's mind whenever he saw you working so hard to strengthen his abilities.

Professor Charles set out two choices for (Y/N) to pick: to stay in Westchester, or to go home. He could understand the girl if you had made up your mind to stay with your mother, and it didn't seem to have a reason to keep you in Westchester.

During the walk to the parking lot, you had been debating your decision countless times. Why? Because you liked it there of course. Frankly, your days in Westchester were probably the most reassuring ones in your whole life. You needn't have to face Mr. Turk or people who might discriminate against mutants like yourself. You felt at ease and comforted there. Besides, you liked professor and Hank more and more nowadays for the mission. It was less likely to meet other mutants where you lived before, except for Peter, but in Westchester, especially when the school rebooted, the more mutants you could make friends with. It was always better to have someone similar to you around, but not always the different ones to make you feel you were out of place.

"Can I stay with you, please?" you asked as the party had returned to where the rental car was being parked. "Perhaps, you can teach me more about enhancing powers?" The words that stumbled out from your tongue shocked all three males perfectly. "Why?" groaned Peter in dismay; he was the first to respond, but again, he didn't have the position to tell you what to do, and that of course earned him harsh glares from both professor and Hank. "I like staying in there. Westchester, I mean. However, I do wish the school would restart recruiting students. Logan would love to see the school reopen, so he can visit us in the future, right?" The professor let out a pursed lip breath about the proposal; no one knew what he was thinking. Sure, he had considered the thought for some time but was not capable of making any promises. Now with his courage regained, and there wouldn't be any more students being sent to Vietnam, maybe it was about time to open the school gate. "I'll think about that," was all he said.

-

"It's been so long since your last visit here, Charles," your mother greeted through the embrace with the oldest man among the three, "I'm so happy that you're all right. You too, Hank. Thanks for taking care of my girl." The man in spectacles returned the smile politely to his old comrade's wife, "She didn't cause us trouble. (Y/N) is a good kid; she's been helping a lot lately." When your mother raised a suspicious brow to the silver head standing next to you, neither you nor the adults were quick enough to introduce the boy because Peter had already stepped out to greet your mother with a handshake. "I'm Peter, Peter Maximoff. (Y/N)'s friend, nice to meet you, madam," greeted Peter, with a beam that could show off his white, shiny teeth. You were embarrassed by how your mother eyed the boy up and down. Hence, you interrupted whatever she was going to say afterward, pushed her inside the house, and invited the others inside, too.