𝙲𝙷. 𝟾 𝚃𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊

ᴛᴀᴄᴇɴᴅᴀ (noun): things better left unsaid

''What took them so long?'' you asked, legs swinging back and forth as you sat on the bench by the entrance of the Pentagon. ''They should be here ten minutes ago.''

''Don't worry,'' replied Hank, though he looked uncertain. He glanced at his watch now and then, eyeing every direction. His blue eyes then narrowed, mouth agape, mumbling something like, ''How on earth are they all wet?''

You got to your feet, waving frantically when you saw two familiar men just about to exit the building.

''Professor!'' you exclaimed, running towards him. Professor Charles looked exhausted, all soaked, his brow raised as he saw your enthusiasm. The most overwhelming part of him was the hug you gave him. ''Thank god you're alright.''

He passed a confused look to Hank, who was right behind you. Then, as awkward as he could, he placed a hand on your back. He wasn't familiar with this kind of affectionate gesture since nobody had embraced him for a long time, so that's why he went all rigid.

You then pulled away the embrace, walked toward Logan, and did the same thing to him; only Logan reacted differently from the professor. He chuckled as your head leaned on his chest, patting your head in a father-to-daughter way. ''We're okay, kid.''

Pulling away, you nodded with a small smile, and soon, your eyes acknowledged a person standing behind Peter. The man had an aura that you didn't want to go near him, or better yet, came across. 'He must be Magneto,' you thought, swallowing a big gulp. His intimidating look with the intense glare sent a shiver down your spine, sizing you up.

You turned around, assuming it was better not to stare at the man for too long, and as you began to follow the adults back to the parking lot, a certain Silverhead came into your sight. Peter, of course.

He opened his arms, looking at you with expectant eyes, with a bright grin dancing on his lips. You stood there, dumbfounded, head tilting slightly. Was he trying to get a hug from you? No way, you thought of him as nothing more than a friend; needless to say, you hardly spent time together. Though he didn't seem to care about your opinion at all; for he always carried you home or to workplaces in bridal style.

The professor must think this would waste a lot of time, so he groaned in slight aggravation, dragging your wrist to get away from Peter. You heard your friend curse under his breath behind you, muttering something like, "It's worth a shot."

The drive was, once again, silence. Except for this time, it wasn't for Peter's existence, but Magneto's. He sat next to the professor while you and Peter sat behind the two grownups, in the back row. Logan was indeed the driver this time, with Hank sitting next to him; for showing him the way back to the airport. The atmosphere was suffocating, the professor would glance at his old pal, then breathe in and out loud enough for everyone to hear as a way of showing his anger.

Your hands rubbed unintentionally, not liking a bit of the tension between them. On the other hand, Peter didn't seem to mind a bit about the bickering adults, who he told you earlier 'the old married couple. He was doing his own thing, as usual, listening to the cassette tape music with his earpieces and device, wobbling the whatsoever rhythm in it, typical. He didn't change a bit, though you doubted who would make such an unexpected change within months. The cap he took from one of the guards was still on his head, typical too; he liked the attention and probably thought it was a souvenir to brag in front of his sisters and mother. Yet you questioned Mrs. Maximoff would think otherwise.

-

''Peter, thank you very, very much,'' said the professor, ''you take care.''

''Hey, I saw your flight plan in the cockpit. Why are you going to Paris?'' asked the Silverhead, shifting his gaze momentarily on you before back to the professor.