𝙲𝙷. 𝟻-𝟷 𝙰 𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 V𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝

Celebrating Christmas in a big mansion like professor Xavier's wasn't as joyous as you'd thought it would be, and you had gradually accepted the fact that every day would be the same. Since you've asked Hank a request for nearly ten days in a row, which was to set a Christmas tree in the main hall, the brother-like male discussed with the host, and he finally permitted you.

''...yes, mom. Thank you for the living expenses. Oh, please help me thank Byron again for the winter outfits. Yeah, I will. Hey...um, mom, one last thing, did a boy with silver hair visit our house by any chance? No? Okay...Happy Christmas to you, I love you too.'' You hung up the phone, pacing around.

Your mother called you only when Mr. Turk wasn't at home, so you had to be alert most of the time, paying attention when the phone rang. She said she didn't tell anyone that you were currently in New York, except for Byron. His school was near to Big Apple, and he had to go home for Christmas, so he could at least come and visit you, or give you the Christmas gifts, which were the warmer outfits.

Alas, your mother told him only to drop by at the train station; she wouldn't give the exact address of X-mansion to anyone. Therefore, Hank had to drive you there yesterday morning.

You were glad that Byron didn't ask much about where you stayed or whether Hank was also a mutant; he was beyond happy to see you standing there safely without getting caught, he even cried. As far as you could remember, this could be the first time Byron dropped tears in front of you.

And that you let your thoughts wander to your only friend in the past ten years, Peter Maximoff.

Had Peter forgotten you? No, he wouldn't; he's that clingy, annoying, and—wait, or maybe he does; in view of the fact that he knew Byron, and Byron would have told him you were away from D.C. Now you had missed his cocky grin and those considerate acts he did for you. You should've told him to hang out with your more often, either in the diner or cassette store, whenever you did the night shift.

Just as you began to get abstracted, the banging sounds of the doorknocker broke your act.

This was strange, you'd never seen anyone come by the mansion during your stay for months. Hank must be confused as well, he walked past you, his index finger placed on the lips, signaling you to be quiet. He was alert, and you knew he was just as surprised as you. This meant—the mansion was not visited by anyone for so long—except you. That explained why he looked so vigilant on your first visit.

The cracking sound of the wooden door could be heard in a short distance, and you froze in your spot, looking at the just-woke-up professor leaving his office, and he was coming your way.

''Someone knocked on the door?'' he asked, grunting in pain as he held his head. Hangover, undoubtedly.

You nodded, deciding to pour a glass of water for him; in the meanwhile, the professor looked unfazed by the news, he slowly strode towards the bathroom, probably going to throw up; a routine of his.

Passing the main hall casually with a glass of water, you saw Hank engaging in a conversation with a man, whose hair color was a beautiful mixture of blond and light brown.

The door was shut, which meant the man was invited in by Hank.

As you stopped halfway down the passage, a perplexed look of yours emerged on your face. The visitor must've noticed, his piercing blue eyes glared directly at you, causing you to flinch in fearfulness. You could tell his demeanor wasn't like the professor nor Hank's, but a rather more unfriendly type. His unreadable expression made you want to avoid his intense gaze; if there was a hole on the ground, you would like to hide inside until he left for sure.