𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟹 𝚂𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚕

⚝Peter's POV⚝

 Lorna came down to the basement in her fairy princess suit and said she wanted to watch TV with me upstairs because I told her I would see what weapons the government had bought to fight against us. Mom said Lorna shouldn't watch it with me since Lorna's too young to watch, but she stayed behind at the door all the time. Not that I minded her staying.

"Who are those people?" asked Lorna curiously when the screen was no longer focusing on the stage, the president, and the Sentinels but on the sentinels that flew in mid-air and attacked somewhere else beyond the screen. People fled in every direction, which was no longer in the cameras. As I looked closer, noticing the place was deserted, except for two people, who were on the screen in a flash—whom I could make out by their unique appearances—for I'd taken part in the prison breakout about a week ago. The one in a leather jacket with a hilarious pointy hairstyle and claws grew within his knuckles was Logan, and the one who was bluish, hairy—Shit, that was Hank! I could recognize him for his casual dressing style. What were they doing there? Another kick-ass mission and no spot for me to participate? "Peter, that's Wolverine!" exclaimed Lorna excitedly, assuming she had seen them too.

Suddenly, the scene shifted, focusing on a man in a helmet. The man had a suit like iron armor, a cape on his shoulders that attached to his back, with a pair of matching colors gloves. Wait, the guy seemed familiar, and the way he did to the cameras—oh, I got it. He's that metallic-control guy. Why was he there with Logan and Hank? And why were there people in suits at the back? "You built these weapons to destroy us. Why?" asked the guy who I freed. "Because you are afraid of our gifts? Because we are different. Humanity has always feared that which is different. Well, I'm here to tell you, to tell the world. You're right to fear us. We are the future. We are the ones who will inherit this earth. And anyone who stands in our way will suffer the same fate as these men you see before you.

"Today was meant to be a display of your power. Instead, I give you a glimpse of the devastation my race can unleash upon yours. Let this be a warning to the world. And to my mutant brothers and sisters out there, I say this: no more hiding. No more suffering. You have lived in the shadows and shame and fear for too long. Come out. Join me. Fight together in a brotherhood of our kind. A new tomorrow that starts today." The guy finished, then stretched his arm out in a direction; as if he was calling someone off camera. "Come, (Y/N). You have done hiding; I feel sorry for you and resentful of those who made you leave where you stayed. Join me, (Y/N). We don't need to leave where you belong; it is them that should leave and show respect to us."

One of the cameras panned to a side with rubble and debris, and there were two people in the camera. A (H/C) girl about my age, eyes widened as her mouth trembled in total bewilderment; her face was caked with dirt, some of her locks tangled, and she looked tired. Appearing next to (Y/N) was the professor. Like (Y/N), his face didn't look so handsome with mud and filth, and a small cut was on it. Not to mention his eyes were too bloodshot, a sign of fatigue.

"It's (Y/N)!" exclaimed Lorna in astonishment, her eyes widened yet, sparkling. "Peter! (Y/N)'s on TV!" I heard mom step forward, closer behind Lorna and me, then she spoke in a whisper in disbelief, "God...Erik, how could you?" My brows furrowed unintentionally when a thought came into my mind. Still, it gave me a weird vibe that mom knew exactly the guy I set free. However, that's not what my mind should focus on now. What's more important was that: (Y/N) was on TV with the Erik guy, Logan, Hank, and the professor. My heart couldn't help but pound twice as loud at first but heave a sigh of relief when (Y/N) was about to reply with her mouth opened a little but quickly closed it, followed by shaking her head as her eyes looked downwards.