𝙱𝚘𝚗𝚞𝚜 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝: 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚜

Months later, the school did recommence. Though, it wasn't the sight that you had expected to see. You'd imagined the passages would be busy with perplexed-looking, newly-enrolled students, either older or younger than yourself, or the friendly teachers mixed themselves in the crowd, who would be enthusiastic about helping the newcomers. But that never happened, or yet, you thought.

Up till now, only ten people enrolled, including you, while Hank and the professor couldn't welcome all the teachers back either. Besides the issue about school enrollment, the life in the mansion was brilliant, as in the way like—how you've experienced here for the past few months. Learning from the professor and Hank and other teachers, studying in the library, practicing enhancing powers in the gardens or lawns, and trying to know Peter better.

It was clear that Peter had kept his promise about visiting you often. He did come to the mansion a lot more than you'd hoped, but it was a bit annoying when he chose to meet you at night. Based on his words, the reason he came to Westchester at night was partial because he didn't want to get snagged by the professor and Hank constantly. That's because the silver head would sometimes disturb you while you were in class or during study hours.

Sensible as you were, the reason behind Peter's visit at night was just an official statement to cover up the verity to avoid meeting Alex. The brunet (another brotherly-like figure of yours) had visited you a day after the sentinels' mission. Apart from visiting you, Alex also agreed to be one of the teachers in the manor, for teaching combat and physical education temporarily. It was obvious that Peter had been spotted by Alex repeatedly during the lessons, so the brunet had to report your friend for disrupting the class order since Peter was neither interested in attending the lectures nor keeping his hyperactive nature to himself. All Peter did was to make Alex's lessons harder and harder to concentrate every time he came.

Initially, it was pretty funny when the silver head suddenly popped up beside you or behind Alex's back. However, when you started to realize his actions weren't helping you absorb the speech from Alex, you got annoyed in the end and had no choice but to convince your friend not to disturb him during the lessons and study hours. Of course, that's pretty much how Peter made up his mind to show up at night.

"That brunet takes too much of your attention," complained Peter during one of the nights he visited you. "Hold on, are you talking about Alex? If yes, what makes you say that?" you said, peering from left to right at the vacant corridor to see if anyone had seen you with Peter. Despite not having many students around, you were still very cautious about being seen hanging out with your best friend, specifically at this hour. Some girls who were younger than you by three or two years had started gossiping about you and Peter was dating after his constant visits inside or outside the classroom.

To be honest, you felt sort of happy when you first heard. You swore you hadn't had any idea about this feeling, but your heart would skip several beats and get flustered to deny the rumors at once. However, as the rumors started to spread to some outrageous ones like you had dumped Peter since he began to show up at night instead of classrooms, or Peter was jealous of Alex, your speedy friend had tried to mess up every single lesson. You felt somehow exhausted to waste time and saliva to deny those tittle-tattle.

"No, I'm talking about Ken the doll; of course, I'm talking about Summers! He even asked you to practice with him after class! If he didn't report me to the professor many times, I get to see you in class! Why does he have to do that? Does he have a thing for you or what? Why does he want to meet you just now?!" Peter rambled with his mouth pouting in dismay from time to time, and you couldn't help but giggle as he did. You thought he looked cute when he complained like a small child. "Awe~is Peter jealous?" you teased, walking out of the kitchen with the tray of supper, after making sure no one was in the passageways. "Come on, you know I can get ahead of you. What's the point in checking the passageways anyway?" With that, Peter took the tray away from you and dashed to your bedroom. You shook your head in glee, with eyes rolling almost to the back of your head. Indeed, he could go without you just fine. Hence, it would also avoid the possibility of two of you being seen in pairs.