Chapter 39

Well, here it is. The ring is ready, the backyard of Ariana's childhood home is decorated with so many flowers and candles. Every area was had at least some types of flowers draped around it. The sun was setting, the pink clouds perfectly complimented the flowers that were all laid out and decorated. Music was playing, specifically strings.

As for me, well I'm a nervous wreck, but also calm at the same time. I'm carrying the ring that holds the key to the future, literally I'd like to think so. I know I stress this more than what I can count, but to think that I am deserving of such a love like this? The opportunity to love like this? It is still very much insane to me. Unbelievable almost. But if you can give love, why can't you receive it. Maybe it's my mind. I'll just solely blame my mind.

Anyways, Ariana is out with her mom and Nonna. Prior to this, I had shown both Joan and Nonna the ring when it was all ready. Joan was the one to cry, Nonna seemed like she was about to but was able to keep herself from doing so.

All I truly want is for them to see their daughter and granddaughter be loved, taken care of and respected. I genuinely want to build a future with this woman. A future full of love and happiness is what we deserve after all we both gone through, separately. I'm starting to believe that for myself, which is also something I've become proud of.

To the people that say, you have to love yourself before you love another, I don't think you know how untrue that is. To discover that you are capable of such a beautiful thing, and to have the capability to be able to give that beautiful feeling to somebody else? It makes you question whether or not you are capable of loving yourself. Sometimes it takes loving somebody to truly open your eyes to that.

I'd like to think that's what happened here.

While in my thoughts, I heard the dogs barking towards the door, I snapped back into reality. I automatically felt the butterflies in my stomach. The sounds of the violins were playing, but it seemed like all I could hear were footsteps coming from the women making their way towards me.

"Okay Riley just breathe, she said yes before. Not like she's gonna say no." I whispered to myself.

"Oh my god." I heard Ariana's voice, still gentle but also shaky.
"This is so beautiful." Nonna gasped, so did Joan.
Ariana had let go of Nonna and Joan and started walking towards me.

Ariana's eyes were glossy and she was already covering her mouth so I wouldn't see the way her lip quivered when she'd cry.
"Ariana, I love you so much. Ever since I first got to know you, I knew I would fall for you. You are the person who I will continuously choose, without hesitation. You will always be my first option. And a life without you in it, is a life incomplete." I spoke out. I then reached inside my pocket and got the little box with the ring.

I brought it out and got down on my knee, "I mean I'm asking this again but, for reassurance sake, will you marry me?" I chuckled.

"Yes." She said without any hesitations, she immediately sat on my leg and hugged me and kissed me. She pulled away, that's when I was able to place the ring on her finger.

"Oh my god, this is.... so beautiful. I love you." She looked down at her ring that was now placed on her finger.
"I love you more. I'm happy you like it." I smiled at her, admiring the ring.

Once we got up, we went up to Nonna and Joan. They were crying of course, and admiring the ring as well.
"I'm so happy to have a daughter-in-law." Joan pulled me into a hug.