Chapter 7

I went and requested a table for us. We were quickly seated by the hostess.

"This is one of my favorite places to eat. I'm excited." I smiled as I grabbed the menu.

"I'm excited to try it." Ariana responded, along with a small smile.

It was a little hot inside of the restaurant so I decided to take off my bomber jacket and when I did, Ariana's eyes got really wide and a surprised expression was on her face.

"Oh my god I didn't know you had tattoos!" She dropped her menu so her attention could be on my tattooed covered arms.

They weren't like sleeves or anything, they were just random tattoos around my arm, but not the kind that look like stickers on my arms. You know what I mean?

"Yeah," I laughed, responding to Ariana, "I have to keep them covered for work." I explained.

Then I started to show her my arm, which she started touching and tracing some of the tattoos which made me get little goosebumps which I hope she doesn't notice. Her hands felt so soft against my skin, it made me feel...safe.

"Oh my god shut up you have a Harry Potter tattoo!" She looked up at me, pointing at the deathly hallows symbol tattoo on my arm.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that one." I laughed looking at it.

"I really really like your tattoos." Ariana said as she was looking at them again.

I'm sure people around the restaurant probably think that we're weird because we're looking at my arm, instead of looking at a menu.

But who the fuck cares.

"Thank you." I mumbled faintly, still watching her analyze my tattoos. Then she came across the one that I got for my dad. It was a the car that I actually have, the one that my dad and I worked on. The Mustang Shelby, but it had his year of birth on the side of the car.

"Isn't this your car?" Ariana asked, looking up at me. It was like she was looking through a microscope and I was that little speck she was analyzing.

"Oh yeah. The Mustang Shelby, it used to be my dad's car. We bonded over working on it." I faintly smiled.

"That's really special. I love it." Ariana reassured me with a smile and a small caress on my arm, where the tattoo was at.

"Yeah. He was a very special person in my life you know? I know what I know because of him. And because I can't be with him physically, I chose to get at least something dedicated to him, tatted." I explained, not too much in detail because, well I mean, this is my our first time  really talking.

Ariana had this look in her eyes as if she was studying me and taking everything that I did into critical analyzation. She was really paying attention to me. Which I wasn't used to, really ever in my life. Besides the times that I'd be with my dad.

Don't ask me how or why I feel this way because I don't even know that answer, but Ariana brings that similar comfort as what my dad brought to me.

It feels like home.

Interrupting my quick thoughts and our silence, the waitress comes and brings us water and introduces herself, then asks if we want anything to drink.