Chapter 8

When Ariana and I were finished with our food, I went ahead and paid. That was after an almost endless back and forth of "let me pay" with Ariana.

I didn't want our time to end.

"Oh no." Ariana mumbled as she looked towards the glass doors to leave and I saw a few men with cameras.

I can tell she instantly got uncomfortable and anxious.
"You want me to go push them away or something?" I asked her.
"No no it's okay." She still didn't seem at ease.

"Wait in the back. Let me go tell the manager to take you to the back exit and I'll pull up around there." I explained so that she could avoid the paparazzi.

"It's okay! You don't have to do all the extra." She slightly giggled.
"Nah it's okay, I don't want you to get bombarded with all those men." I shrugged.

Without letting her respond, I quickly grab the manager and told him to escort her to the back exit.

He simply nodded, and I knew him well enough to know that he wasn't a creep or anything.

I walked through the front doors and even the damn guys made it hard for me to get to my car.

So I hustled and shoved one a lil on purpose in order to get to my car. I hopped in, turned the engine on and went around the restaurant and found Ariana waiting there, talking to the manager.

I put the car in park and quickly got out so I can say thank you to the manager and gave him a quick hug. Then I opened the door for Ariana so she could get in.

Where is this chivalry coming from? I watch too many romance movies.

Wait I'm not even suppose to be liking her like that. She is just simply a friend. That's all. A friend.

"Thank you Riley." Ariana smiled at me as she got in the car.
I just faintly smiled and nodded then  went around and got in and started driving.
"Thank you so much for avoiding those guys. I hate having my picture taken." She sighed.

"Is it always like that?" I asked, feeling bad for her.

"Not always, I try to avoid them as much as I can." She explained.

"I don't blame you, they're fucking crazy. They made it hard for me to even get to my car, and I'm nobody." I laughed.

She started laughing, "I'm really sorry. If you don't want to hang out publicly anymore just let me know." She joked, but I'm sure there was truth behind it.

"Nah man, I'll be your friend and bodyguard. 2 for 1 deal." I responded with a smile, hoping that she'll know that I won't stop hanging out with her just cause of this one incident.

She just faintly smiled.

I checked the time and it was around 4 pm.

Shit. I'm gonna be late for work.

Or maybe I just call out?

Nah nah nah. She's distracting me.

But I mean I do have a lot of overtime that I've done.