Chapter 24

About a day has passed since the barbecue, and believe it or not my plan to ask Ariana is going to happen tonight.

Turns out, it really wasn't hard, most of the people that Brian worked with had the same day off. The lights were the one thing that were hard to get. I wanted to get bright big LED lights that you can see from a distance. Like far far away.

I was going to take her to a little secret path from Runyon Canyon at night, and Brian and everybody else is gonna be in the distance and have the lights spelling out "will you be my girlfriend?".

This is cheesy as fuck, now that I'm thinking about it.
I hope she loves it.

It was morning time but Ariana was still asleep, so I got up and decided to make her breakfast. I made oatmeal and plant-based pancakes, with a side of fruit.

While cooking though, I got a call from Sargent, he said I could go back to work next week.
My wound had healed up really well, I still needed to keep up with the cleaning and stuff. Overall, it healed.

Once I was finishing up everything, I heard a faint, "Riley?" From the hallway.
I looked over to where Ariana's voice was coming from, and there she was.

In one of my t-shirts, and her short shorts. She still had that sleepy dazed look on her face.

"Goodmorning." I smiled. The oatmeal had been set, so were the pancakes. I was just cutting up the fruit, which I was about done.

I put all the fruit into a bowl and went over towards her.
"Goodmorning. I missed you in bed." She slightly pouted.
"I'm sorry about that. However, I decided to make you some breakfast for you to wake up to." I moved out of her way so she can see.

"You're such a cutie." She smiled while she looked at it, then she shifted her eye sight on me.
"Only for you." I replied.
Then she wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed my lips.

Her soft lips on mine, were like heaven. I won't ever get used to it.

She living proof that Angels do exist on earth.

We had served ourselves some food, I made just right amount for both of us.
We were sitting down and eating, the tv was on.

Should it all just be a surprise? Or should I tell her ahead of time so that she doesn't freak out.

Yeah I'm just gonna do that.

"So I wanna take you somewhere tonight." I blurted out.
She looked at me with curious eyes, "where to?"

"It's one of my favorite spots, Kobe and I would go all the time. I want to take you." I said, I still wanted there to be an element of surprise.

Why did I have to be so damn awkward. I'm a mess.

She had a soft smile on her.
If someone who have told me way before I met Ariana, that I'd be taking her to places that only Kobe and I would go to, and sharing all my emotions with her. I'd probably just walk away from them.

I just really really hope we're together for the long run. Because I'm already giving her my all, something that I've never done. Of course I don't know what I'm doing half the time, but I'm trying you know.