Chapter 9

We got to my apartment complex and I parked close to my apartment.
"I'll just go and grab Kobe real quick," I said before I began to open the car door.

"Wait can I come?" Ariana asked shyly.
"You wanna see my apartment?" I asked she seemed a little shy to ask this, "if you don't mind." She shrugged.
"I don't mind. I'll give you a mini-tour." I smiled, trying to reassure her that it's okay.

She had a big smile on her face and then we got out of the car and walked towards my apartment.
"Brace yourself because Kobe loves to jump on people," I warned before unlocking the door.
"It's okay, I love dogs." She smiled.
"Okay.." I laughed, then I opened the door and sure enough, Kobe started jumping towards Ariana, not even me.

"Wow, Kobe I see where your loyalty lies," I commented.
Ariana started laughing because Kobe kept jumping and licking her, "he loves me."

"He sure does." I watch them two interact after I closed and locked the front door.

Ariana then got up and looked at me, "about that tour."

I can't even remember if I cleaned my room before I left this morning.
"Oh yeah, let me show you around," I said.
When you walk into the apartment, to the right is the living room, and industrial windows were on the wall to brighten up the place, I had some decor. Then on the left that's where the kitchen is that, there's a counter that wraps around like an L. Then I showed her that, we walked further than the kitchen and that's where my bedroom with a bathroom was at.

"My room is probably a mess so..yeah." I chuckled before I opened the door to my bedroom.
Ariana just giggled a little bit.

We walked in, "I love it." She awed.
"Thanks." I smiled putting my hands in my pockets.

She started looking at the pictures I had on a shelf. She pointed at the one of my dad and I, "this is your dad?" She asked.
"Yeah." I walked over and looked at it with her.
"You have his eyes." She commented.
"Thanks." I softly smile, "my mom would always say she was jealous of us because we both had hazel eyes." I smiled at the memory, Ariana looked over at me with a soft expression.

Ariana then looked over at the picture of my mom and I before she was on drugs.
"Your mom was beautiful." She looked at the picture.
"Yeah, she was. That was before she was on drugs." I mentioned.
"Oh I- I didn't know that. I'm sorry." She looked at me with sorry eyes.

"It's okay." I faintly smiled at her reassuring her that she wasn't at fault for anything.

"You have a picture of you and Kobe?" She slightly giggled, pointing at the framed picture.

"How could I not, he's my best friend." I laughed.

"That's so cute."

"Thanks." I smiled at her.

Her presence made the room where I deemed to be a place where there are nothing but numb and cold nights to happen, she made it feel homey.

I'm sure that after today Ariana will be stuck in my head, and I'm mentally preparing myself. I tend to always have my guard up, and it is, it's up. But deep down I feel like for once I'm able to let it go. It's just that sense of comfort and security that I feel when I'm with her.