Chapter 3

I left the apartment after I got done getting dressed, I still had to stop by the station and pick up my vest and my taser and everything.

I was driving towards the station, the windows were down, my music was playing, I love it. I liked that feeling. You know in certain moments you're not really thinking, you're just doing, and you somewhat have an appreciation for being alive in that moment. I rarely get those but today I got that feeling. I might jinx it when I say this because I just have that kind of luck but, today is going to be a good day.

After I went to the station and clocked in and grabbed everything I needed, I made my way to the Hollywood Bowl.
(A/N: I'm just gonna make up somethin, I know ari didn't do any of this lmaoooo but please go w it)

I hope whoever performs is good. I genuinely love music, I could listen to anything that has a good beat to it.

I was assigned to be standing in front of the stage, making sure there weren't people trying to jump up, and I also had to go backstage occasionally to make sure it was all good back there.

The place was beginning to be filled with people and I noticed there was a lot of security in front of the stage already so I thought I should just stand guard backstage.

As I'm walking towards the backstage, I try to greet anybody that I make eye contact with. It's good to be polite. And a lot of people tend to get all tensed when they see me because I'm in a police uniform, and I understand it. There's corrupted ass people that are in the uniform that really deserve to be in the orange, behind bars.

I just wanna let people know that a cop's duty is to protect the people, not be "authoritative". I want to protect as many people as I can. And I also want people to be comfortable around me because I'm just as much a goofball as everybody else.

I finally made my way backstage and I wasn't even sure where to stand so I decided it would be a good spot to chill outside of this black curtain that leads to I don't know where. I'm looking around, day dreaming because I tend to do that....a lot. I feel somebody bump into me and a soft voice gave  a quick "oh shit I'm sorry". I turn around to see who it was and to my surprise it was Ariana. The girl from Starbucks.

"Oh Riley! Is it?" She smiled once she recognized me. I'm even surprised she remembered my name.
"Yeah that's me," I chuckled making her giggle too, "What are you doing here?" I asked.

She gave me a puzzled look as if I should already know the answer to that, but I genuinely don't. I just know she looks familiar.

"Oh I'm performing here." She smiled.
"Aw what that's dope." My eyes were wide for a second but my smile only grew because now I'm looking forward to something tonight.
Her smile was big too in response to my reaction.

"I'm excited to see your performance. I bet it'll be good." I said.

"Thank you so much. It's pretty cool how we met at Starbucks first and then now here you are." She changed the subject, starting a conversation with me.

"I know it's pretty trippy." I laughed, making her laugh.
"I guess the universe just wants us to be friends." She shrugged.
"It's not until we meet for a third time is when we know for sure the universe wants us to be friends." I chuckled.
"Alright you go and get ready. I'll go over to the front of the stage to watch you perform." I said making her smile again, but then I realized I don't even know when she starts, "When are you performing?" I asked.

She looked up trying to think, "I think after Maroon 5." She said and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Okay cool. I'll trade spots with security up there. Can't wait." I smiled.

"Thank you. I um, I have to go and get ready and everything." She motioned towards the curtain, I just nodded and smiled at her.

The girl already looked ready and everything. She had a long sweatshirt and knee high boots and her hair was in a half up half down style with a long strand of hair that was complimenting her face. It was curled. She already looked beautiful. How much more ready could she get?

This time, unlike the first time, I was able to appreciate her appearance. She has these big brown eyes that look unreal. I've never seen such beautiful eyes in my eyes. Her face was structured by the almighty gods themselves.

But what makes her all the more beautiful is that she's genuinely kind. She gives of a comforting vibe. Which I'm sure not used to, but it feels refreshing.

"Good luck Ariana." I smiled kindly.
"Thank you." She then walked off behind the curtain.

I don't know exactly who she is but she must be really well known to be performing here.

I grabbed my phone and just looked up "Ariana" and then "Ariana Grande" came up so I just tapped on that.

Now how the fuck can I be this stupid and oblivious?

The girl is literally a PopStar. She probably thinks I'm stupid. No wonder she looked so familiar. And no wonder there were all those paparazzi in front of the Starbucks. It's cause she was there.

I have got to start being more active and up to date with things.

The concert was in progress and it was around 9 pm now. Even though I wasn't able to watch the performers, they sounded good.

"Coming up next is Maroon 5." I heard through the speakers, then I remembered that Ariana was gonna be up next. So I used my walkie talkie to call in one of the other officers to take my spot.

I was hungry so I got a slice of pizza and ate it before I went over and went in front of the stage.

They sounded good too, however, it was pretty loud. My ears were hurting because of how loud they were, until one of the security guys saw this and pulled out a pack of ear plugs and gave me two for my ears.
"Thank you." I mouthed to him, followed by a laugh because if I were to take anymore of this my hearing would permanently be damaged.

Immediately the sounds got muffled. Which eased my ears.

Maroon 5 was on their last song and I was getting butterflies of excitement to watch Ariana.

"Thank you so much LA!" Adam Levine said into the mic.

After a few moments they announced, "And finally, Ariana Grande!" They announced.

Now I felt those unusual butterflies again.

~~~

how's your day goin?? i genuinely wanna know lol. and thank you for reading. it means a lot. i hope you guys are all doing well!

much love,
angelica