Chapter 5

When I woke up, the time was 9 in the morning. So I chose to take Kobe out for a walk at the nearest park. He loved going on these walks and meeting new dogs. I might just have to get another dog so Kobe isn't lonely.

I won't get em today but maybe within this week.

After Kobe's walk, I went and dropped him off at the apartment and made sure there was food and water and a couple of toys for him to play with.

Then I got ready for the gym and went.

I didn't receive any texts from that Ashley girl. Not that I was looking forward to it that much.

I was unbothered, listening to my music and working out. I made sure to workout extra hard because I just need to sleep later on so I have enough rest for tonight.

After my workout, I drove home after stopping for some food....at In-n-Out.

Okay I know that sounds really like a "really Riley really?" But the place was right there. I was hungry. And a burger just sounds so good right now. So....I gave it.

But it tasted so good.

I made a mental note to work extra hard on my workout next time to make up for this.

After I ate, I took a shower and took my antidepressant pills and I laid in bed. Kobe joined me to sleep.

I heard my phone ding, but I was falling into a deep sleep so I just ignored it.

When I woke up it was around 4:30, so I got up and got ready. Kobe gave me those puppy eyes again and it internally killed me.

I felt my body aching from my workout earlier.

But it just means I worked out hard. So it's alright.

It was time for me to go down to the station to start my shift.
As soon as I walked in, I saw Brian chillin there.
"Riley! I missed you man. I heard you went to a little concert." He got up and started walking with me.

I chuckled, "yes Brian I went to a concert and was having the time of my life." I over exaggerated it and little bit. I was mainly happy because Ariana was there and I got to see her perform.

"Riley? Having fun? What? That's just unbelievable." He laughed.

"Ha ha ha," I sarcastically laughed. I put on my vest and holster with all my equipment.

"Alright come on man, we gotta go." He lightly punched my arm.
"Alright alright. Let's go." I nodded and started walking towards our cop car. This time, Brian was the one to drive. Not because I let him but because he ran to get to the driver seat.

Once he started driving I did a quick sigh of the cross because I already know I just need any protection I can get.

"Oh my gosh. My driving is not even that bad." Brian states.
"I'm taking precautions." I laughed.
He laughed in response. I got the computer set up so see if there were any calls or anything to do.

Within maybe a few hours in our shift, we were driving around Beverly Hills, and the street is somewhat empty because it's in the middle of the night. But still a few cars.