2) The Question

Ash woke up suddenly.

When did I fall asleep?

Ash suddenly became aware of a presence in the room. A presence sitting right by the bed. Ash shot up and was on his feet instantly. He whirled toward the presence and stared into the dead black eyes of Giovanni. Ash instinctively flinched away and took a step back, Giovanni sneer simply grew more smug. Ash scowled at him and opened his mouth to speak, all that came out was a dry wheeze. Ash cleared his throat to know success and instead bent over coughing. Ash glanced up as a water bottle was held in front of his face, Giovanni's hand attached. Grabbing it and taking a quick drink before finally catching his breath and looking at Giovanni again.

The two young men stared at each other, figuring out the other. Giovanni's gaze smug, Ash's wary. Slowly Ash moved back to the bed sitting down at the end farthest from Giovanni. Taking another drink from the water bottle ash opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Giovanni.

"I want to know where the masterball is and I know you know" Giovanni said keeping the smug smile on his face, "if you tell us you are free to go and you will get Pikachu back, your other pokemon will go to a good cause, my cause" Giovanni finished

Ash stared at the Rocket boss for a few seconds before processing what he had said. "Wait, you want the masterball?" he questioned then realized the many reasons Giovanni could want it "why"?

Giovanni grinned and suddenly he seemed his age "I have a certain thing I want to catch and I simply want to be certain of my ability to catch it". Ash rolled his eyes, he wasn't going to get anywhere with questions and they both knew it. Ash figured he would get somewhere faster if he found the answers himself. He evaluated Giovanni. The twenty-four year old was dressed in one of his usual black suits with his equally black hair combed back and a smug smile plastered permanently on his lips. Ash was still wearing his blue jeans and black tee he'd chosen for the break in, however they had taken his hat and gloves and he was truly pissed.

Giovanni must have seen the stormy quality in Ash's brown eyes because he suddenly started laughing "no you can't have your hat back, you'll get it after you tell me where to find the masterball". Ash was shocked, it was like Giovanni had read his mind. Giovanni stood up "I don't think your going to tell me where it is today but I hope for your answer soon" he gave Ash a wolfish smile "Pikachu says hi".

Ash ran at him but was far to late. He stopped at the already locked door and hit it again, instantly regretting it. He pulled away from the door cursing loudly and looked at his hands. The sides were one huge dark purple bruise that continued part of the way up his arm. After letting himself recover Ash started slamming his palm against the door hoping against hope that someone would let him out.

His shrieks were flimsy at best and it took only a few minutes for him to give up.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Three days.

That's how long it went on before anything but the size of Ash's bruises changed. Giovanni's presence woke Ash up and he asked the question that Ash refused to answer, then he would leave throwing a taunt connected with Pikachu or one of his other pokemon over his shoulder. Ash hit the door for a few minutes and collected new bruises and then he occupied himself with anything he could think of.

It wasn't like Ash had just blatantly refused Giovanni either, no he had thought long about it. However after careful consideration it became obvious that the cons outweighed the pros. Yes Ash might get Pikachu and his hat back and be able to leave, if Giovanni kept his word, but then Giovanni could catch virtually any pokemon he wanted and use it anyway he wanted. Ash had even thought of giving them a fake place but that wouldn't work either. They would, of course, check and make sure it was there first and if he was wrong they might hurt Pikachu.

Then the real problem came, Ash wasn't exactly sure where the masterball was to begin with. Of course he had a good idea of the most likely place but he couldn't be certain, and if he was wrong they might hurt his pokemon. No matter what he thought of it always came down to, they might hurt his pokemon.

 Damn

There was nothing he could do but keep thinking, and most of his thoughts ended the same way. If he didn't get out of here someone would get hurt and that someone wouldn't be Giovanni.

AN

So my computer messed up and I lost the ending of a bunch of the stuff I've written so if things are confusing I'm so sorry I'm trying to fix it now please be patient. Sorry if this chapter is soooo short, I couldn't write more without going into the next chapter and then it would have been too long. Anywho, what do you think two chapters in one day, Killing it~. So comment, read, love chocolate, you know what I mean. *electric slides out* Bye~.