11) Wake Up

Ash woke up warm, warmer than usual. The obvious reasons why were the two pokemon squashing themselves into his stomach and the two arms around him from behind. Not to mention the face pressed into the back of his neck. He instantly tensed up, limbs going stiff as he realized who each body was. Pikachu and Persian were woken up by the suddenly not so soft stomach. Pikachu sat up while Persian started kneading Ash's stomach try to get it soft again.

   "Ow ow ow, pain is hurting, Persian stop" Ash whisper-yelled at the feline. He remembered Giovanni saying Persian did that when he wanted something.

   After extracting Persian's claws Ash focused on the problem behind him. Wake Giovanni up, don't wake him up and lay there, or don't wake him up and find away out. Ash decided not to wake him up, he had looked really tired last night. So stay or leave was really the question.

   "To stay or not to stay" mummered Ash to himself while staring at the wall, Giovanni and Ash's backs were toward the door. Persian rolled his eyes at the poor dork his trainer was fond of. Pikachu sort of fell over and fell asleep again. Ash rolled Pikachu towards the wall and pulled himself an inch away from the Rocket boss. Ever so carefully Ash pulled himself more and more free with Persian watching. Ash had a small feeling that Persian knew something he didn't but, unless the cat felt like sharing, this was how things were going to go.

   Ash kept wiggling and sliding until Giovanni's arms dropped. He sat up with a sigh and grinned at Persian. The feline sighed and shook his head before standing and going to his trainer. Ash watched, confused, as the cat took his trainer's hand in his mouth. Persian looked over to make sure Ash was watching before biting down far harder than was healthy for his trainer.

   Ash gasped and grabbed Persian, quickly pulling him of the other boy. He clamped a hand around Persians muzzle as he waited for Giovanni to wake up kicking.

   Giovanni didn't even twitch.

   Ash stared at Giovanni before turning his confused gaze on Persian. "H-he's not" he gulped "dead is he". Persian let out an annoyed huff, really this kid could be so dense sometimes. He struggled out of Ash's arms and went back over to his trainer. His tail moved just under his trainer's nose. Giovanni's hand twitched as he breathed in, nothing else on the man moved.

    Ash blinked "wait, he's just asleep". He looked at Persian, completely confused "but you bit him".

   Persian shrugged as well as any cat could, his trainer was weird. More than that, his trainer was the hardest person in the world to wake up.  He settled back down, content to sleep until something happened.

   Ash was, as usual, not going to have this. It was like a challenge now, could he actually wake up Giovanni Rocketto? He rubbed his hands together, this was exactly what he was good at.

   He leaned into Giovanni's ear and shouted "wake up". Giovanni slept on, it was to be expected, one shout wouldn't have been any fun. He grinned and moved over Giovanni until he was standing beside the bed. This was going to take a while. His smile grew, at least he wouldn't be bored.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

   Ash groaned and let his head fall onto the bed. How the hell could someone sleep this long and hardly move, surely the rocket boss had to pee by now or something.

   Ash had been going at it for hours, trying everything he could think of. He had jumped on the bed, he had even jumped on Giovanni. Ash had made as much noise as a boy with seven pokemon could. Once he had grabbed Giovanni's shoulders and shaken him, the other boy just mumbled something under his breath, still asleep. Both Persian and Pikachu, who were now awake, had tried to wake him up.