10) Hide and Seek

Ash sighed as he stared up at the ceiling. Pikachu sighed as he stared at the wall.

   Giovanni had sent an aid to tell Ash that he wouldn't be coming today and JJM had been sent off to go catch a new batch of Rattata. That meant to visitors and nothing to do today. Ash shifted to a more comfortable position, then he decided that the first position was comfier, then he couldn't remember the first position.

   Ash growled at his own incompetence as Pikachu watched his trainer. Ash finally settled on an akward but surprisingly comfortable position, Pikachu climbed on top of Ash simple so the trainer would feel obliged to not move.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

   Ash woke up with his limbs stretched over the bed and Pikachu nowhere to be seen. He closed his eyes intent to go back to sleep when a small click resonded from the door. Ash didn't move as the door opened slightly and closed again when someone had entered. Ash had his eyes mostly closed as he peeked out from under his eyelids, the person who had entered appeared to be to short and just out of his line of sight. Whoever it was quickly flicked the lights off and scrambled over to the bed. Ash stayed stock still as the person climbed onto the bed and crawled over him to huddle under the blankets on the side farthest from the door.

   For some reason Ash found himself wondering if it was Giovanni, he quickly dismissed the thought. He waited a second more before springing. Ash quickly rolled over trapping the person's arms and legs with his own as he held him down. A small squeak of fright escaped his victim.

   Wait, what. A... squeak?

   Ash found himself staring at a small red-headed boy, he couldn't have been more than seven or eight. The child looked surprised, frightened, and guilty. He struggled against Ash "augh, sorry, I didn't mean for you to wake up, please don't hurt me".

   "Woah, woah" Ash said getting off the kid "calm down, you startled me too". The kid stopped blabbering as Ash spoke. "Now" he said "how did you get in here, and what are you doing in here".

   The boy smiled "I'm playing hide and seek with mom and I managed to get Mr. Rocketo to give me the key, it's the only one to this room". He produced a key card from his pocket with a proud grin.

   Ash stared at it, this kid had managed to get a crime boss to just give him a key. Ash switched his gaze to the child. He reminded Ash of someone he knew. Just then a voice was heard out in the hall, the child's smile vanished to be replaced by a frown, Ash had it. The kid looked like Silver only with different eyes and clothing style. Ash opened his mouth to ask a question when the kid threw the blankets back over himself. The voice came again from the hall a bit closer "you can't hide from me boy, my Arbok has the best nose in the building".

   Ash looked at the lump in his blankets then at the door. He quickly made up his mind and positioned himself in front of the cotton covered mound. He only just managed to look comfortable before the door opened. Ariana stood there one hand on her hip the other on the door handle an Arbok could be seen close behind her. She said nothing as she surveyed the room almost instantly noticing the lump behind Ash. Her eye's flickered to his "you haven't, perchance, seen a small redhead recently have you". Her question was coated with sarcasm that was just thin enough a child wouldn't notice it. 

   Ash shook his head "nope, no one like that in here". A small giggle sounded from behind him and Ash felt a grin start to creep over his own face.

   Ariana smirked "ok, looks like I'll have to check somewhere else". She stepped further into the room silently and closed the door behind her, she quietly and quickly made her way to the foot of the bed and crouched down.