12) Work

Ash rubbed his hands together nervously, refusing to look at the person sitting in the chair. He kept his face as calm as he could as he mentally shit himself. Pikachu had been let out to run around with Persian, apparently getting a tour of all the best places to annoy people.

   Giovanni watched him carefully, totally expecting this reaction and slightly having a mental breakdown of his own. Persian had suggested he act like nothing had happened, that was harder to do than he had thought it would be. He checked his phone before looking back up at Ash "ok, so you've been here almost three weeks".

   Ash glanced at him "really, it's been that long already".

   The rocket boss nodded "yeah, and I'v been getting complaints about having you uselessly lounging about the building".

   Ash spoke up hesitantly "is that why you've been tired-".

   Giovanni cut him off "drop it, that's my business not yours, anyways people think you should start pulling your weight around here".

   Ash thought for a minute "wait like... working for team rocket".

   Giovanni nodded "basically, more specifically, working for me or under me or whatever".

   Ash nodded "oh... so what do you think".

   Giovanni shrugged "I think I'm a bit low on staff ever sense different teams started popping up and you started getting my grunts arrested".

   Ash grinned sheepishly "sorry, they kinda attacked me first though".

   The other boy nodded "fair enough, anyways, do you do desk work or hands on stuff, I know you can do mechanical from helping JJM but I don't have a bunch of that kinda stuff for you to do".

   Ash shrugged "I can do anything really".

   Giovanni nodded "good, let's go, come on". He stood and tapped the door, signaling the grunts outside to open the door.

   Ash stood too, checking his pokeballs "you want me to start now, since when do you give in to peer pressure anyways".

   Giovanni rolled his eyes "this is a bit more than peer pressure kid". He left the room and started down the hallway.

   Ash walked beside him "woah, you're calling me kid now, we're almost the same age you can't call me kid or I'll start calling you old man".

    The rocket boss winced "I get your point, however you are younger than me so that means I can call you kid".

   Ash scoffed "not that much younger, how old are you".

   Giovanni glanced at him "you know, a lot of people would be offended by that". He pressed the button for the elevator and stepped inside, getting first floor.

   Ash grinned "not you right, far to egotistical to be offended by age".

   Giovanni rolled his eyes "yeah sure, that's it not the fact that I'm young too, couldn't possible be that".

   Ash pouted "well by the way you're avoiding the question anyone would think your older than you look".

   Giovanni folded his arms, waiting to get to the first floor "fine, how old do you think I am".

   Ash studied him "maybe twenty-five, possible early thirties".

   Giovanni scowled, stepping out of the elevator "now I am offended, I'm twenty-four asshat". He ushered the, into a relatively small room for what it was.

   Ash looked around "no way, I don't believe you, you're definitely older than twenty-five, and... is this your office, I expected bigger and flashier".