20) Checklist

Ash left the bathroom soon after that, figuring out the next course of action. He had a small checklist of things to get done.

   1. Get Giovanni's phone back to him, preferably without him noticing.

   2. Finish helping Blue and Gary.

   3. Get Giovanni to Gold and Silver and figure out if his theory is correct.

   It sounded easy enough but so many things could go wrong. Ash shook his head and focused an number one, he could do that much.

   Probably.

   Ash ducked back into the kitchen, phone tucked back into his pocket. He saw Blue, starting to tape a few pictures at the top of the wall, with Pikachu on her shoulder and no Gary or Giovanni. He went over to her to start helping, figuring they were out grabbing more boxes in the garage. He stopped when Gary came storming into the kitchen with no box in hand and quite a few curses being muttered under his breath. A very snug Giovanni came in after him with a box, dropping it with the others. Giovanni smiled sweetly at Blue "that's the last box".

   Blue smiled back "thank you".

   Ash watched Gary for a moment before looking at Giovanni, folding his arms "what did you do".

   Giovanni gave him a suspiciously innocent look "who me, I did nothing, Why do you always blame me, why not ask your friend what he did".

   Ash rolled his eyes and looked at Gary "what did he do".

   Gary practically growled "he cheated, I'm sure he did".

   Ash frowned "cheated..." then he glared at Giovanni "did you two have a battle".

   Giovanni just smiled at him, it was Blue who answered "yes, against my advisement I'd like to add".

   Ash threw his hands up "what happened to no fighting, huh". He pointed an accusing finger at Giovanni "you were the one who wanted that, why did you break the, practically, one rule you had to follow".

   Giovanni gestured at Gary, still smiling "it was his idea, I was just accommodating him".

   Ash turned the glare to Gary "explain, now, you know mom is going to kill you" he held up a hand when Gary went to protest "and don't even act like she doesn't scare the living shit out of you when she's angry, she scares everyone".

   Gary scowled "why should I get the blame, are we forgetting that he's the bad guy".

   Giovanni smirked "you're just mad cause I whipped the floor with you".

   Gary sputtered angrily as Ash shook his head "you're not helping Gio, shut up". He looked back at Gary "and you, I will be telling mom about this and you can handle the consequences yourself". He looked between the two of them, Gary whining under his breath and Giovanni still looking undeniably smug, and shook his head "you two are impossible".

   Gary huffed and stormed to his girlfriend to try and get comforted, shooting Ash a sly thumbs up, that plan worked rather well. Ash went to Giovanni as Pikachu jumped off Blue and came over "seriously why didn't you just say no".

   Giovanni shrugged "I did, he kept challenging me, I had my pride as a gym leader on the line... plus he's a sniveling little bastard that needed to learn his place".

   Ash groaned and rubbed his hands down his face "I hope that someone comes along one day and absolutely wrecks you".

   Giovanni chuckled "good luck finding someone to do that".