16) Recovery

AN

Just so you guys are aware I don't do updates just to thank you guys in this book. Any thank you chapters will actually be posted in my short stories book because it's basically my whatever and everything book. I'm telling you this because I did update with a thank you chapter. 

   Ash wasn't quite sure when he became conscious. It wasn't that he woke up, no this was different. It was like he had been awake but not aware and now he was, and he wished he wasn't.

   Severe pain radiated from below his head. He couldn't tell which part of him, judging from the pain he thought maybe all of him. He didn't even try to hide the pitiful whimper that came from him as he turned his head, feeling nauseous. He tried to grab the spot that seemed to hurt more than the rest, the right side of his stomach he thought, though it could have been his side or even on the left.

   Someone grabbed his hands and pulled them away, shushing him.

   Ash opened his eyes blearily and looked up to find his mother leaning over him. He tried to speak and ended up coughing, sending a fresh wave of pain over him that almost made him pass out. The coughing eventually subsided and Ash felt a hand held his head up and a cup press to his lips.

   Ash drank carefully, hurting with each gulp, before pulling his head away. The hand set his head back down gently as Ash opened his eyes again.

   It took a moment for the upside-down face to register, black hair, black eyes, frown that accented his hair nicely. Speaking of hair the man's head was a mess, somehow it still managed to look good. It took Ash a moment to connect the face with a name and actions. When he did he scowled and struggled to move away from him "get off me". It hurt to even try to move but Ash didn't care, at least not enough to stop yet.

   He kept struggling until the hand, which had stayed against his head, left. Giovanni's face moved out of his line of sight, a mumble heard before a door opened and closed.

   Delia leaned back over Ash "that is no way to speak to him Ash, I know you're hurt and, probably not thinking clearly as usual, but he is the one who brought you back".

   Ash tried to explain that Giovanni had been the reason he was there in the first place but he started falling asleep, there must have been something in the drink.

   How very like Giovanni.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

   Ash woke up later feeling a fair bit better, though still pained. At least now he could pinpoint the worst pain, feeling it throb from his right side from a few different spots.

   He turned his head to look around the room, finding only a sleeping Pikachu as the foot of the bed. Speaking of the bed it was one Ash recognized as his own, in fact, the whole room was. Including the calendar that had been marked off to show that two days had passed.  Based on the small bit his mother had said earlier Giovanni must have went back and found him, he had probably made up some story that made all of this not his fault.

   Ash shoved Giovanni out of his head and started working on sitting up. He managed it after a few minutes with many groans, waking up Pikachu in the process.

   The mouse went over to him "Pika Pi". He tried to get Ash to lay back down.

   Ash shook his head "do you know what happened to everyone".

   Pikachu gestured at the nightstand, five pokeballs rested there. Ash relaxed a bit, glad they were ok. He frowned and looked at Pikachu "what about Persian".