15) You're Still an Ass

After that Giovanni avoided all of them, usually staying locked in his room with Pikachu and not coming out for many meals. Ash was fine with it, his mother not so much.

Delia put her hands on her hips "Ash Ketchum you are going to go in there and bring him out for breakfast young man".

Ash whined "mom he doesn't want to why make him".

Delia said sternly "because that man is going to waste away, no go". Her tone said that Ash had no choice and had best just follow orders.

Ash did but he grumbled all the way to Giovanni's room, Persian stalking behind. He knocked and waited.

"Go away" came the voice from inside, though it seemed distracted.

Ash folded his arms "mom sent me to bring you to breakfast".

"I'm not hungry" Giovanni said through the door.

Ash rolled his eyes "you're never hungry, just come sit with us and eat some bacon or something to make her happy".

"And why should I care if she's happy or not" Giovanni asked, sounding vaguely bored.

Ash scowled "just come to the kitchen". He left before Giovanni could continue the argument, going to the kitchen and sitting at his place.

Delia looked up from the oven "where is he".

Ash shrugged "in his room starving and being rude".

Delia frowned "come finish the eggs". She wiped her hands on a towel and left, looking scarily determined. If Ash wasn't so annoyed with Giovanni he might have wished him luck, however he was annoyed so he mentally rooted for his mom.

Delia didn't take long. She soon came back pulling a pissed looking Giovanni by the ear, Pikachu trailed behind looking amused. "Sit" she ordered, letting go of Giovanni.

Giovanni glared but sat, Persian going over to him as Pikachu went to Ash.

Delia took over the oven again, letting Ash go sit. He did, sitting as far away from Giovanni as he could, looking at the rocket boss. Giovanni sat gloomily, rubbing his ear and petting Persian. Ash smiled to himself and shared a victory thumbs up with Pikachu

Delia soon had food on the table. Ash piled his plate and dug in. Delia filled her plate and then, when it was apparent that Giovanni was going to continue being stubborn, filled his plate as well. Giovanni frowned at the food, Delia pointed to him threateningly "eat".

The rocket boss rolled his eyes but ate some, picking at the food.

Ash ignored him, eating his bacon and eggs with a gusto that was normal if not totally healthy for his breathing. Delia kept an eye on them both as she ate like a normal person.

   Ash finished quickly and put his dishes in the sink. Delia turned in the seat to look at him "I want you to take him outside".

   Giovanni's head jerked up "no".

   Delia turned a glare on him "you have no choice, comply or be forced".

   Giovanni glared back "in case you haven't caught on your son is still under my command".

   Delia waved a hand and started cleaning up "in case you haven't noticed you're staying in my house for the next few days and you're already pale enough to be dead, outside, both of you".

   Giovanni looked like he was going to argue more but Persian rubbed against his leg and meowed. Giovanni just huffed and stood, heading for the front door. Pikachu jumped off the table and followed him.