9) Escape and Other Mythical Things

"This is pointless" Ash lay groaning into the sheets clutching his hand. Pikachu patted his head in a calming gesture.

   Ash had been trying several different things to get past the door in the past few days, each and every one of those things had failed. Most of them miserable. You see Giovanni had managed to find a door that could know withstand pikachu's Iron Tail. As well as Charmander's flames, Squirtle's water, Bulbasaur's vines, Butterfree and Pidgeotto's gusts, and the combined force of all six of them. In fact Ash had almost drowned, burnt to a crisp and tore apart the rest of the room in his failed attempts. He and the rest of his pokemon were getting desperate, so he did what desperate people do... the dumb thing.

   Ash sat up and looked at his hand. It was throbbing it pain and he sucked in a breath when he saw it. "Pikachu why did you let me do that" he asked "it was dumb even for me".

   Before Pikachu could come up with a semblance of an answer the heard the lock on the door click and open. Giovanni walked in looking annoyed with Persian beside him, Persian had his ears flat against his head and seemed extremely agitated. "What in the hell are you trying to do now, Persian heard your scream all the way from my office" the rocket boss growled.

   Ash glared at him and moved his hand out of view "Just the same thing I've been trying for almost two weeks".

   "Ok but this was almost as loud as when Squirtle almost drowned you" he said crossing his arms. Ash noticed his eyes flick to Ash's protected hand and he instinctively pulled it closer to his side. Giovanni's squinted at Ash "what did you do to your hand".

   "N-Nothing" he said hurriedly, he then cringed hearing how badly he lied.

   Giovanni sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose with the other hand on his hip "let me see it". He walked over and held out his hand with his still agitated Persian at his side.

   "No, it's fine" Ash said firmly. Pikachu jumped onto his lap and and sparked threateningly at Giovanni. Both Ash and Pikachu froze when they heard a terrifying growl from Giovanni's feet. Looking down their eye's meet Persian's and they both gulped before Ash offered his hand to the other man.

   Giovanni grabbed it gently and turned it over as Persian started pacing behind him still leering at Pikachu and Ash. The side of Ash's hand was bruised and bloodied and looked very painful. "What did you do" asked Giovanni distractedly as he continued to study Ash's hand.

   "U-Um" He tore his gaze from Persian to look at Giovanni "I tried attacking the door again, but the bruises are still healing so it's really tender". He pulled his hand from giovanni and studied it "I'm not really sure why the skin broke" he said.

   Suddenly Giovanni's hands were on the bed on either side of his legs as he leaned down to Ash with anger on his face and a leer to rival Persian's in his eyes. Ash' brown eyes stared into Giovanni's black as he growled "you're a fucking idiot". With that he stood up and moved toward, opened it, and said something to a guard in the hall before coming back. He crouched beside the bed and called Persian over. Persian finally stopped his pacing to trot over and let Giovanni scratch behind his ears and whisper something to him. Persian nodded to Giovanni as the man stood up. Persian focused and a shadow version of itself formed beside it before fleshing out and becoming colored. Persian then jumped into the bed and curled up as the copy started moving. The copy stretched and yawned before looking at Giovanni. He nodded and the copy jumped at the wall disappearing through it.

   Just then the door opened and a nervous rocket grunt stepped in with a first aid kit. "H-Here you are s-sir" he stuttered handing the kit to Giovanni before fleeing.

   Giovanni turned around and rolled his eyes at Ash before sitting on the bed and holding his hand out again. Ash offered his own hand again as Giovanni popped the kit open. Ash studied The rocket boss and his feline as Giovanni works on his hand. They had both come into the room agitated, even Persian who was usually calm if not friendly, and Giovanni was usually grins and sarcastic comments while today he was growls and heavy silence.

   "Hey" Ash said to get Giovanni's attention.

   He simply hummed in response not looking up "hmmm".

   Ash frowned "what's wrong, you guys are off today".

   Giovanni had been wrapping Ash's hand in gauze but he hesitated at Ash's question. He glanced up momentarily and meet Ash's eyes before continuing "frankly nothing you can help with".

   Ash shrugged "who says I need to help, I just want to know what's up".

   "Well get used to disappointment" came the gruff reply as Giovanni tied off the gauze and started packing up the first aid kit.

   Ash examined his hand, the gauze was placed perfectly and he hadn't felt so much as a sting while Giovanni had been working. "Are you a Chansey or something" Ash asked with a small grin "cause this is impressively done".

   Giovanni shrugged this time "I've had to do it to myself a few times".

   Ash stared at him as he clicked the kit closed "wait, you take care of your own wounds" he paused for a second "don't you have like, every single nurse joy in your back pocket or something? Don't you have a Blissey around here somewhere"?

   Giovanni gave Ash a blank look and said nonchalantly "you can't trust the people around here, if they know your hurt they'll personally dump a bucket of salt on the wound, and they have people everywhere. So no I can't get anyone, as Team Rocket's boss it is above all important that I be fine and well in physical, mental, and assets or I'll be dead in a matter of seconds".

   Ash studied him closer, he was tired and wary and tense. Persian, probably the closest living thing Giovanni had to a friend, had been displaying the same things. "Something like thats happening isn't it" Ash said quietly putting the pieces together "something's not right and it's not physical". 

   Giovanni had a momentary startled look on his face before forcing a blank unreadable expression "listen it's nothing for yo-". He was cut off as Persian abruptly sat up with a small cry "Per-Per". Giovanni's eyes shot over to the cat and he stood up swiftly "I have to go, I might skip our routine today". Without another word man and cat left the room lock clicking behind them.

   Ash rubbed his injured hand as he stared at the door, Pikachu crawled into his lap and he transferred his rubbing hand to the mouse's head. "Gio's in trouble Pikachu" he muttered not realizing he had made a nickname "maybe we can help, but he needs to open up".

   Pikachu shrugged "Pikachu-chu".

   Ash nodded "you're probably right, it's probably nothing".

   With that they went back to laying around trying to think of ways to escape, though part of Ash kept thinking about the troubled rocket boss.

A/N

I love you guys so fucking much, GUYS 303 READS *dies forever*. Damn you guys make me feel like my writings good (which is something trust me). Well school has started again so yay (the sarcasm it drips). But I've made friends, yeah, we had to say our name and things we liked (its 11th fucking grade guys) so I was like "I like breathing and sarcasm" and this one girl was like "we need to be friends", so yeah bitches I got popularz skilzzzzz. Anywho I just wanted to get this up and running so yay, enjoy. Well read, comment, get Popularz skilzzzzz, you know what I mean *dumb school shits out* It's good to be back, bye. =]