salvage

Tʜᴇʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴇ,

 ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴀsᴛʏ

Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ᴡᴀɴᴛ

GOTHAM CITY

FEBRUARY 13, 17:37 EST

The day before Valentines is always the busiest in February for Katrina shortly after she arrived on earth Bruce, got legal guardianship of her, the story they made was, her parents both passed away and their final request was for Bruce to be her legal guardian. The press ate it up, asking the brand-new technical family member of the Wayne's millions of questions. She really got into the humanitarian side of her human side, and one of the first things she did was host a sweetheart's ball, all the money made from the occasion would go to several humanitarian causes. This year several celebrities have enlisted her to create gowns and suits, keeping her extra busy. Since Bruce left, Kat and Dick, have become sort of the heads of the family, making appearances in place of Bruce Wayne when they can. "This is Dick Grayson, leave a message at the beep," his phone goes straight to voicemail, "Hey, Dick, listen I know you went out to help Roy, but I really need you to call me back as soon as possible, you are my date to the ball after all, and we have to go over our lines and stuff, just call me back okay, bye," she says, before dropping the phone on her table.

She stood in front of meters of pink, black, white, and red, fabrics. Silk, chiffon, cotton, velvet, you name it, it was there. "Iris! Come in here, we need to get all this fabric into the workshop, and finish up the clothes," she calls for her assistant. Iris comes in helping Katrina, who seemed to be drowning in a sea of fabric, transport the fabrics. As they walked with the fabrics, they both hear the door open, "did we have any appointments today?" She asks Iris, Iris nods no. "Kat? Es-tu là? J'ai essayé d'appeler mais tu n'as pas décroché, so, I thought I hope it isn't a surprise that I'm here," she hears a voice say in French then English, "Oh! Timothée! Pardon! J'ai complètement oublié que tu venais pour l'essayage," she apologizes, letting Iris take the remaining fabric to the workshop. She walks up to the actor, "Come, come, I have the suit ready for you, just have to make sure it all fits," she pushes him to the dressing room area. She rushes to her office to get pins when her phone starts ringing, the caller ID shows it was Dick, immediately picking up the phone. "Richard John Grayson where are you?! Have you found Roy yet," she scolds shutting the door, "Calm down, Kitty, no but we're close, I promise I'll be back in time for our Valentine's date then ball," he replies calmly, "excuse me? Date?" she asks surprised. "Well, I got to wine and dine with my best girl," she could practically feel the smug grin on his face, "Whatever, if you aren't here by midnight Richard, I swear by all the gods, I will never let you hear the end of it, be lucky I won't do worse," she threaten her eyes flashing a bright green, Dick winces knowing she was right, she was holding way back, when it came to her anger. "Kat, at ease, I'll be there," he assures, ending the call soon after.

Sighing she straightens up walking out of her office, "Okay Iris, I want you to start on the wine gown for Barbra Gordon, and finish up that white and black one, for Lois Lane, Timothée and I shouldn't be too long," she instructs the girl, who quickly scurries of to begin her tasks. Katrina walks into the dressing room, Timothée was standing in front of the big mirror observing her work. 'Ah, I see you've put it on what do you think?" she asks him, "the pants are a bit loose at the waist, but otherwise the suit is perfect," he replies, Kat quickly makes work of pinning where the pants need to be altered, "So, besides the ball you have any plans for Valentine's?' Timmy asks, "Hm, well Dick claims he would take me out, but I doubt it, he's always been flaky when it comes to promises like that," she says more concentrated on the task at hand. "Has he always been like that?" he inquires, "when we first met, he used to be attentive and affectionate towards me, but after his brother passed away, something changed, he wasn't there emotionally, and he's a Wayne so it was near impossible to get him to talk. So, I just let him be, but I guess I've been giving him a free pass for too long," she passively states, walking around the French actor, looking at his outfit. She stands in front of him, and Tim claps a hand on her shoulder, "Kat? Je sais que nous ne connaissons pas depuis longtemps, mais je suis lá pour toi," he comforts, "Thank you Tim, that means a lot to me, " she sincerely speaks.

GOTHAM CITY

FEBRUARY 13, 23: 57 EST

Katrina hears the door to her apartment close shut, "How did it go?" she calls out, walking out of the bedroom, "Well it's Roy Harper, disastrous, so not feeling the aster right now," he groans defeatedly, he was in civilian clothes. She wraps her arms around him, giving a much needed hug, "It's okay Dickie, he'll come around," she soothes stroking his hair, they pull apart; Dick holds her face, "You're the best," he compliments, she smiles, looking at the clock behind him, "Hey, it's midnight, Happy Valentine's Day," she wishes slightly smiling, "Happy Valentine's Day, my queen," he says leaning into her, Katrina's eyes slightly widen, she was ready to lean away, but it was Valentine's, so she leans into the kiss. Closing her eyes, letting herself melt into the kiss, "Hmmm, come one," she grabs his hand leading him into her bedroom, Dick gives a blinding grin, his jacket dropping to the floor, picking up his pace to the bedroom. The door shuts behind him, "Dick!" Kat giggles, and he lets out his signature cackle. 

LOS ANGELES 

FEBRUARY 13, 21:21 PDT 

"She grows stronger," a voice says, "but she's too occupied by that boy, to truly unleash her full potential, give her time the Reach will soon come and take everything from her," another voice proclaims. "It is a pleasure doing business with you, black beetle," the first voice says, "Of course, King Darcel of Solaria" and Darcel smirks.

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀs

Wʜᴇɴ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

(the situationship has been consummated! but the aftermath will not be pleasing,)