war

EPISODE 15 : WAR

THE WATCHTOWER 

MAY 23, 21:21 EDT

Captain Atom had called a meeting at the Watchtower to show the senior members of the Team and members of the League, something the towers sensors picked up. "We've been tracking something on long-range scanners, it's on a direct course for Earth, it's about to pass in front of Rhea, one of the moons of Saturn," Captain Atom briefs, but as they watch something didn't seem right, "Not in front of Rhea, behind it, that thing, whatever it is, is huge!" Nightwing says shocked. "Emerald do you recognize this thing?" Black Canary asks, "I'm sorry I don't, up till the destruction of the planet, there is no record of this....object," Kat informs. 

TAOS

MAY 23, 20:30 MDT

Emerald, Nightwing and Captain Atom, had just arrived at the partially repaired STAR Labs facility in Taos, in hopes of getting answers from Green Beetle who currently presided there. "Thank you for coming, My scarab has accessed the Reach's databases for intelligence on the approaching threat," the Martian informs, "It is called the Warworld, a massive artificial satellite, slightly smaller than Earth's Moon. It is a mobile doomsday weapon, created millennia ago by an now understandably extinct alien race. It is self powering and self-sustaining, thanks to an endless supply of worker drones providing repair ad battle drone providing security," He grimly explains, further stating that the satellite was reactivated by a key that was thought to be lost, but some how the current commander Mongul found it, "That commander, Mongulm now sits at the Warworld's helm, which receives and transmits his every thought, allowing him to control all of he Warworld's functions," he finishes. "That's definitely a good thing," Kat comments, "Who is this Mongul?" Captain Atom asks, "Long ago, he was the sole dictator of his home planet," Green begins, projecting an image of a large sinister looking yellow man, "But he was ousted by another tyrant and is determined to reclaim his throne," he narrates, "So what does that have to do with us?" Nightwing questions, "Mongul has determined that the surest way to take back his world is to first conquer the entire Galaxy, one can only assume he now views Earth as a threat to that plan, and so he comes with literally enough firepower to destroy your world," he states. Emerald's eyes widen, she felt sick, she didn't want to lose another planet she considers home, whoever this Mongul guy was, she knew was a madman, and had to be brought down.