before the dawn

I̟ g̟o̟t̟ m̟y̟ t̟e̟a̟m̟ (I̟ g̟o̟t̟ m̟y̟ t̟e̟a̟m̟, I̟ g̟o̟t̟ m̟y̟ t̟e̟a̟m̟)

EPSISODE 10: BEFORE THE DAWN

GOTHAM CITY

MARCH 30, 15:07 EDT

"And now we come back to the biggest headline for the past week, Mount Justice, Happy Harbour was blown up, authorities report that luckily no one was injured or killed, the police have yet to release the origin of the blast, and the Justice League chairman has yet to comment on this turn of events, is this the malicious intent of aliens? or someone in our own backya-" Cat Grant gets cut off as Katrina turns of the news, sick off hearing about her former home. She releases a deep sigh, walking to the large window that looks over Gotham, people were restless in the city, with Batman gone, Nightwing, Robin, and Batgirl have been working overtime cleaning up the streets of the city, with the occasional help from Emerald. Kat won't admit to anyone, but she was honestly feeling kind of burnt out. She doesn't know how much more loss she can take before finally leaving the life, that she chose to live when she crashed onto the planet. 

She hears a bleep sound, turning to the TV, noticing it was Hal Jordan making an intergalactic phone call, she smiles pressing a phone to pick up the call. "Hal!" she greets fondly, "Hey, short stack, how are ya?" he greets back just as fond, they'd been good friends, since she aided him in a  intergalactic mission, she saved his butt and ever since then, they've had each others back. "Good, good, Hal, you don't usually call through this line unless it's something serious, what's up? Is the trial not going well, do I need to come? I technically do still have intergalactic diplomatic immunity," she says. Kat wasn't lying, the great court wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for her family, so she did have some pull in that area, even if she doesn't have a planet or kingdom to back it up. "The trial is going well.....there are some difficulties, you were right about their stubbornness, I've never met aliens has headstrong as Superman, but here we are hehe," he says rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. She smirks rolling her eyes, "you do know as former royalty I had numerous lessons in intergalactic law, and even attended a few before taking the throne," she deadpans, "Not to brag of course," she sarcastically comments. Hal laughs, shaking his head at the girls humour, "You worry about earth, we'll worry 'bout Rimbor, I'm sure it will all be sorted out," Hal reassures, "How's the Bat?" she asks, worried for him, "He's Batman, stoic and lifeless as ever..." he says, she let's out a breathe she didn't know she was holding in. At least, Batman was handling intergalactic law well, if he was freaking out (which is so rare you couldn't even count it) they were all doomed.