true colors

EPISODE 12: TRUE COLORS

BLUDHAVEN 

APRIL 8, 09:02 EDT

Katrina had taken some time of from hero work, sure she loved being a superhero, but her human work was being jeopardized because she's been spending so much time as Emerald. Sure, she loves working as a hero, but she loves designing and also having a steady income (I mean who doesn't?). But today, Dick, had asked no begged her  to come to the temporary base of operations for the team. The warehouse was turned into a temporary home base, and living courters, for those who doesn't have anywhere else to live. Kat had offered, M'gann a room at her place, but the Martian had politely declined saying something about Gotham being to depressing for her. Anyways, back to the point, Emerald is on this mission purely as supervision.

The clown Godfrey was playing on the hologram screen, Nightwing thankfully pauses the show, much to Kat's relief, if she had a dollar for every time, she wanted to chuck that guy in deep space, she'd be almost as rich as Bruce Wayne himself. "Obviously, any partnership between The Reach and Lex Luthor is bad news, so Alpha is going undercover to recon Lexcorp Farms, Robin, you'll be running Alpha," Nightwing reveals, Robin looks surprised at this, he looks at Katrina, she only nods in confirmation, "Me? Run, Alpha?" the bird asks his brother and mentor shocked, quickly shaking it off, "Uh, right, Who's on the squad?" he then asks. "Emerald, will be with you," Nightwing says, "I'm there to make sure none of you do anything stupid, but otherwise I'm just apart of the squad," she attempts to comfort the teen. Nightwing nods in agreement, then continues, "Blue Beetle," Nightwing begins but Jaimie cuts him off, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, I should not be in the field, ese, what id the scarab goes all Reach Apocalypse on us?" the boy worries, Kat turns to him, "Your scarab has had multiple opportunities to betray us. It hasn't," she informs, "And right now, its connection to The Reach my be our best shot at identifying what they're up to," Nightwing then says, "Plus, I've been studying your tech for a awhile, I might have a temporary solution in case you go AWOL during the mission," Kat tells Jaimie. Blue Beetle, becomes quiet after that, "Well, if Blue's going, I'm going," Bart says putting his hand on his new best friends shoulder, Emerald and Nightwing smile at this, "I assumed as much, and last but not least, Arsenal," the acrobat finishes, telling him to travel lighter for the first mission, since after all they were going as civilians.