goodbyes aren't forever

G͚O͚O͚D͚B͚Y͚E͚S͚ A͚R͚E͚ B͚I͚T͚T͚E͚R͚S͚W͚E͚E͚T͚

B͚U͚T͚ I͚T͚'S͚ N͚O͚T͚ T͚H͚E͚ E͚N͚D͚

I͚'L͚L͚ S͚E͚E͚ Y͚O͚U͚R͚ F͚A͚C͚E͚ A͚G͚A͚I͚N͚

Dick and Katrina never thought they would see the day where they would have to say, it had felt like they were fated to stay together. But now, with everything going on, they both knew that duty above all, even if it tore each other up on the inside. 

The couple remained in the same position, facing each other masked by the night in Happy Harbour. Where their story had began and where it will end for now, they waited under the moon, for the coven witches to arrive, after all it is their leader they are taking with them. Neither said anything to each other, simply enjoying the comfort of each other, before they part ways indefinitely. "I have to go," Kat speaks softly not daring to look Dick in the eyes, she didn't want a reason to change her mind, "Don't Kat, stay we can figure this out together," he urges, grasping her face.  She just shakes her head, "I am the leader of a very powerful coven, a coven that can become an ally to you, to all of us, plus it'll do me some good if I get away from Earth for a while," Dick caresses her face, "But I just got you back," she leans into his touch, kissing the inside of his right palm, "I know, but we have to wait just a little bit longer," she says. 

Chills run down Katrina's back, startling her enough to morph into her Emerald Witch persona, "It's time," she says. She walks further into the forest, "see you around, boy wonder," she smirks solemnly, and from behind Dick sees people emerge, she turns to them, "ladies," she greets. They all bow respectively, then join their hands surrounding their coven leader, chanting something unfamiliar, Kat begins floating and green begins to surround them and they were gone.  Dick stands there in the empty forest, silence almost deafening. He slips his hands into his pockets kicking the dirt, "See you soon," he smiles sadly, walking away. 

1 year later.....

"I need to go back, Elia, this isn't my home, you guys don't need me anymore, I mean you guys survived this long without me, there's no difference if I leave now," Kat begs, "You cannot leave now, your grace, we still need you, we need to understand how you're full scope of abilities," Elia fires back.  Kat groans in frustration, "we know my abilities okay, I've been studying sorcery and witchcraft since I could comprehend what magic is, and I've been studying ancient Emerald witchcraft since I got here! I want to go home, to my friends, my family, to Dick," she rants furiously. "That human boy is a mere distraction he will break your heart, this universe, you are to big for him, his world is only earth," she scolds, Katrina scoffs. "Then explain why half of his friends and family are aliens? Explain why he would turn over buildings if he could to protect each of us," the space witch defends. 

Elia rolls her eyes, she needed to find a way to keep Katrina here as long as possible. "If this boy loves you so much, explain why he's already with another woman, a human one at that," she spits, Katrina's eyes widen, "Why would you say that? that isn't true!" she says in disbelief. Elia raises an eyebrow in mock questioning, "then explain this," summoning an orb, they pair watch as the human boy kisses a familiar red head, "no," Kat whispers in devastation. Elia smirks in triumph, Kat gets up from her seat in the temple, walking out but she pauses at the door, "I'll stay," and leaves the room without further explanation.  

THE END.

ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ʏᴇᴀʜ, 

ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴍᴇ 

ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ

ꜰᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴꜱ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ

ᴡᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ