the hunt

𝙾𝚘𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚘

𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚘

EPISODE 17: THE HUNT 

THE WARWORLD 

MAY 30, 03:36 UTC

After discovering Jaimie's supposed betrayal towards the Team, Kat and Dick double their efforts to find the Team. Thankfully M'gann had managed to 'escape' Black Manta, thanks to Artemis and Kaldur, and now with another psychic mind on board, there was some hope that they would find the kids. The cloaked Bio-Ship skims across the surface of the Warworld, evading detection from the patrolling Reach ships. 

Miss Martian, Nightwing, and Emerald continue their search for the abducted team members. Kat sat next t Miss M, as she tries to find the team telepathically, "Anything?" Nightwing asks, "No. I'm sorry. I can't sense any of them," M'gann sighs dejectedly, "we've been flying this surface grid pattern for hours, and..and you're exhausted," Nightwing point out, "I'm fine, I can do this," M'gann reasons, Emerald gives a comforting squeeze, "Of course. But there's no need to over-tax yourself so soon after your kidnapping," she reminds softly, looking a Dick, who's nodding in agreement. 

"Besides, we're not giving up, we'll start over where the Team first disappeared, look for a new lead," Nightwing determines, "All right, if you think it best," M'gann gives in, the Bio-Ship flying to the area of the Warworld where the teens went missing. 

'So, you and boy wonder made up,' M'gann states psychically, Kat blushes lightly, 'yah, nearly being killed can making you really put things into perspective ,' she chuckle quietly, 'Still hopelessly in love?' Miss M questions, 'You know it!' Kat sarcastically remarks, 'In my defence look at him, I mean the way he's sitting on that seat, it's a surprise i haven't pounce-' but before she can finish her thirsty comment M'gann cuts her off, 'Kat!' the witch blushes. "Approaching docking bay," they hear the former boy wonder, the girls face forward, Katrina still blushing.

They enter the docking bay and Nightwing performs another scan of the area, "Haven't already scanned every inch of this place?" Miss M questions the boy, "Yeah but I'm obviously capable of missing obvious clues, I totally should have spotted evidence of Blue Beetle's defection after Green Beetle fixed his scarab," he criticizes himself. "That's my fault, you asked me to scan Green's mind, and I vouched for him without delving deep, I was so afraid to use my powers after what I did to Aqualad," she says in disappointment, "I allowed Green Beetle and his scarab to feed me exactly what The Reach wanted us to believe, so Blue trusted Green and was turned by him, then somehow abducted the Team, all on me," she sighs defeatedly.

 "M, you know we don't blame you for that if we had just trusted you and SB, with the knowledge of the deep cover mission, so much could've been avoided, I-er-we we put you, Aqualad, Artemis, the Whole Team in unacceptable danger, it's unforgivable," Kat pipes up guiltily.

 M'gann smirks slightly, "So, this is our guilt-off, I say I messed up, then you say you guys messed up worse, Kat, Dick, we both made mistakes, and we both need to get over ourselves. Save the Team, then save Blue," she smiles slightly, "As a certain 13-year-old was once fond of saying, 'That's just what we do,'" M'gann smiles fondly. Kat hugs the Martian tightly, and Miss M hugs back just as tight, they hear screeching and clattering, pulling away from the hug confused they spot a familiar machine. "Sphere!" Emerald exclaims relieved and excited, as the trio hug the Super-Cycle. "Can you take us to Superboy?" Emerald asks, the sphere transforms, "I thinks that's a 'yes'" Nightwing smirks.

Sphere leads them to where Superboy and rest of the Team were being held, as they approach they notice guards trying, "Em, disarm them!" Nightwing orders, she nods, waving her hands, collecting the weapons in their arms and chucking them away, Nightwing and Miss M, jump of the cycle, running and flying towards them, knocking them all out. 

The door opens, revealing the Team, Emerald visibly relaxes when she sees Bart and Tim, in one piece, "Hey fearless leaders, better late than never," Arsenal dryly comments, "Everyone safe?" Nightwing inquires, "For now," the archer answers, "The crystal key?" Kat then asks, "Gone. And we better get gone, too, before one of them declares a winner," the teen comments, "Move out," Kat commands. 

They all head to the cloaked Bio-Ship, "All aboard, we're almost home free," Nightwing turns to the 4 teens that helped save the Team, "I think congratulations are in order, no training, no guidance, ad yet you pulled it off," Nightwing says impressed. Emerald doesn't stay for the rest of the conversation opting to go check on Tim and Bart. Entering the ship, she notices an injured Tim slightly wincing in pain as he holds his side, she walks over to him.

 "Hey kid, mind if I check it out?" she asks, and he nods, she puts a hand over the injury, wiggling her fingers slightly, "Minor bruise, should be fine if you just take it easy, promise me you'll take it easy Rob," she diagnoses, "I promise Em, well half-promise, I do have a reputation of working till I drop," he jokes, she slaps the back of his head, "Dumbass," she sighs, "Kat!" she hears the familiar voice of Bart Allen, turning only to be pulled into a hug, she hugs back tightly, "I'm sorry about Blue,  promise, we'll find a way to save him, kay?" she whispers, "I know," the young speedster replies. 

They pull away from the hug, Katrina spots Nightwing walking in but the mystery teens and Arsenal nowhere in sight, "where'd they go?" she furrow her brows, "Boom tubed," he simply answers, "let's just go home," he sighs. "Don't be do hard on yourself, boy blunder, major win today, we got our Team back," Emerald reminds, he only smiles.

𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚘

-This took longer than expected, mainly cause it's back to school where I live, our academic year works a bit different

-This took longer than expected, mainly cause it's back to school where I live, our academic year works a bit different. Anyways, I'm in a crucial year of Secondary School, so my time and focus has ben completely on school. 

Enjoy this chapter!

Might take a long time for the next

- Angie