complications

𝕃𝕚𝕒𝕣, 𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕣

𝕃𝕚𝕒𝕣, 𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕣

𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖

EPISODE 16 : COMPLICATIONS

THE WARWORLD 

MAY 27, 06:04 UTC

Emerald and Nightwing travels through Doctor Fate's portal o arrive at the Warworld, furious with the current circumstances, and immensely worried, but they couldn't show that. "All right, what happened? Wat happened to the rest of our Team?" Nightwing demands, Emerald grasps his bicep, hoping it would calm him down. They both look at Blue Beetle expectantly, "It's all my fault," he grimaces, "That assessment is inaccurate," Green comforts, "Just tell him what you told us," Captain Atom urges. Blue sighs looking down, "We'd won, we were all here in this bay, and Wonder girl had Mongul hogtied, then suddenly a boom tube opened up right beneath our feet, I flew up and out it was instinct, you know. But before I could do anything else, the boom tube closed, and the others were gone," the Latino recalls, Nightwing pulls up his holo glove, looking at something, "Definitely reading traces of boom tube activity," the acrobat says, as Emerald leans slightly over to see what he was looking at. "We think Mongul may have opened the boom tube as a mean of escape, gaining the Team as captives in the bargain. The Team and worse," Captain Atom theorizes, looking at Blue, "Impulse had the crystal key," Emerald's eyes widen at this piece of information. "So the priority is making sure o one uses it to reactivate the Warworld, Captain Marvel and Rocket are already guarding the key chamber," Captain Atom informs the young adult. Jaimie looks down, riddled with guilt, "It's all my fault," he sighs, "Stop, you didn't do anything wrong Blue, we'll figure this out," Nightwing comforts the young boy, "I will ensure he gets home safely," Green Beetle assures, the duo nods, "No, I want to stay. I want to help," Blue protest, "You will help, Blue, but right now, you need rest," Emerald cuts him off, "Whoever did this, they'll be sorry," she vows. 

The beetles leave, as well as the other members of the League, the pair look at each other, "Hell of a day," she chuckles awkwardly, Nightwing shoots a small smile, "Come one, let's go find some clues on wat happened," he leads the way. They go further into the docking area, "Em, can you try find any mental presence, Robin, Batgirl, anyone," he asks, she nods, crossing her legs, floating up,"Reperio bigas mea," she casts, the spell searches and searches but nothing was coming, until she felt something, but as soon as she tried to reach it, she got blocked out. "Nothing, wherever they are, it's clearly a place that blocks magic," she grimaces, "It's okay, Em," Nightwing comforts. He flips to the lower level, a true gymnast, "Show off," Emerald mumbles, floating down next to him.

Emerald lightly hits his chest pointing at the gouges on the floor, left by blues staple, they look up at some control, "Airlock's damaged," Nightwing thinks out loud, noticing something on the side as Kat, scans the controls to the airlock doors, he turns to her, holding up what he had in his hand, "Robin's birdarang," as he scans the weapon, they both notice particles from Blue's armour, "Must've scratched Blue's armour," he muses, " I don't know birdy, something just feels off, about this whole thing," she says a queasy feeling settling in her stomach. "Let's keep looking around, I'll try the spell again," she suggests, and the blue bird agrees.

BLUDHAVEN 

MAY 28, 20:04 EDT

The pair had returned to the warehouse, after a full day on the Warworld with no indication of where the kids are. Nightwing sat in front of the holoscreen, toying with Robin's birdarang, Katrina was making them both coffee. She walks over to him holding two mugs, "Here, have some," she offers, and he gently takes it from her, "Thanks, Kat, what would I do without you," he smiles softly, "Let's not think about that boy wonder. So,anything new?" she inquires about the case, he nods defeatedly placing the cup down, picking up the birdarang. "I know, I'm supposed to stay calm, but to be frank,  I'm freaking out Em, if something happens to Babs or Tim, heck any of them, I can't help but feel responsible for all this, I already lost Jason, I can't lose Tim as well," he confides, "Dick, it's okay, to feel like this, you don't have to constantly be this professional leader, your brother was taken, our friends and teammates were taken, you have every right to be worried," she comforts, grasping his hand. "No one blames you, I don't blame you, I'm here to help you, I want to find them as much as you do, I don't even want to think about what they've done to Bart," she says, he smiles, holding onto her hand a bit tighter, "You truly are the best Katrina Solaris," she blushes at this statement, however Dick didn't seem to notice as his attention goes to the screen. Her attention goes to the screen as well.

".....And in my role as The Reach's ambassador to your world I want to take this opportunity to thank this great hero, a hero who almost single-handedly saved the planet Earth from the Warworlds. He saved your lives, he saved our lives. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...Blue Beetle," Katrina gasps at this, she's shocked, but not entirely surprised, something did seem off about Jaimie, she just didn't assume it was something with The Reach. Nightwing's entire demeanour changes, the birdarang in his other hand snaps n to by how hard he was holding it. In a different situation, Kat would've though what he just did was super hot, but at the moment she just hugs him, "We'll get to the bottom of this." she promises.

UNKNOWN PLACE

UNKOWN TIME

"She is letting me in, soon the merge will take place, and I will have her power," Darcel proclaims smirking, "but for now, I will sit back and watch, all good things come to those who wait," he states, watching the orb he had summoned, he watches as his half-sister hugs the human, stroking his back. "First I must take care of the boy."

𝕃𝕚𝕒𝕣, 𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕣

𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝕗𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕣