** TEN **

"What you do matters and how you do it matters" -
One Tree Hills

******

         "JESSE, YOUR CARD isn't working."

"What?" Jesse exclaimed as the lady in front of the counter stretched his card back to him. "That's impossible."

"But I have tried it twice and it isn't working." She told him calmly.

"I paid for half of the reservations just yesterday from my account." He was stupefied.

The lady stared at him with empathy. She knew he wasn't lieing because they all know who he was. He is a popular teen with millions of followers on his social media Handles. He was a celebrity without any special talent. Except his look and the fact that his father is a billionaire, his mother own one of the biggest fashion house in the country and he was one of an identical triplets. Something that was rare.

Moreover, he was a regular customer at their restaurant. Even the boss loves him. Sometimes the restaurant gave him free treats - both him and his best friend.

"There is probably something wrong with your account. You should contact your bank." The lady at the counter advised.

"Can you try again?" He asked pleadingly. He was finding it hard to believe. He couldn't believe something was wrong with his account. That was like his lifeline.

It had to work.

By all means.

The lady agreed to do as he said noticing the hopefulness in his tone.  She slided the card on the card swipe machine. But it was still the same and she shook her head.

"I think your account is frozen Jesse." She said to him and his eyes almost left his skull.

He couldn't believe his ear. He was beyond shock and surprise. He felt all the blood drain from his face, growing pale and numb at the same time. Anyone who see him can tell he wasn't fine. He felt like going insane on the spot from that simple statement. It had never happen before.

His account frozen!

How?!

Why?!

When?!

Who did it?!

He knew his mother can be really strict sometimes and complains about his extravagance but she wouldn't do such a thing. She can't stand his nagging and pestering. And there was just one other person that was capable of doing that. The one who have power over all their assets and their accounts. Someone who won’t be the one to suffer from his nagging.

His father.

Demilade Darlington Ninalowo.

He shut his eyes tightly, feeling angry, even mad and at the same time, so embrassed. He was just glad that it wasn't somewhere else. He was well known at Wine Me, Dine Me Italian Restoriante - a well known and popular Italian restaurant which serves some of the best Italian cuisine and wines. And they would understand because he was a regular customer.

"Okay." He said, opening his eyes. He couldn't even look at the lady in the eyes as he felt so ashamed. He felt like disappearing from her presence but it never going to happen. He drew in a shaky breath and forced a smile to his face. "Hold on dear. I will be back."

The lady nodded and gave him back his card then he head to their table. Khalid was no longer at the table. He searched for him with his eyes and he finally got sight of him outside of the restaurant through the glass wall. He was talking with a girl from the basketball team outside the restaurant.