** ONE **

This chapter is dedicated to all those who added this book to their reading list on the first day and who have been anticipating this book. I appreciate it. This is my little token of appreciation. Thank you.

To my fellow Christians
HAPPY EASTER MONDAY!!!

Now let's dive into the first chapter!!

"I am who I am, no excuse"

****

            LOLA STIRRED something in the hot pot on the cooker while she directed one of the house help on what to do with the table. Another lady came in and she greeted her. She replied and went to assist the other one.

She gave an order to the eldest of the house help and she left the kitchen.

Then she heads to the rooms on the second floor of the house. She was certain most of the kids will be getting ready for school. Something she made sure of as she rang the bell that was connected from her room to each of the children's rooms. She always made sure to ring it immediately after she gets up to make them wake up from sleep and also start preparing for the day. The only time it was exceptional is on holidays or weekends when they have nowhere to go. That way her work will be easier. Most of the boys hardly listen to the house help in the house, so no point in sending them to their room because they will flat-out ignore them.

And that day wasn't exceptional since it was the first day of school and they needed to be up on time. It was their first day of school after a month and two weeks' holiday. They had all returned from their various destination for the holiday three days ago.

So she needed to make sure that they were preparing for school like they ought to be doing.

Halfway up the stairs to the second floor, she could, while she stood in front of the room. Without knocking on the door, she twisted the door knob and then open the door.

She was met with two boys rolling on each other at the same time shouting and laughing hysterically. She watched as they stopped rolling on each other with one succeeding to stay on the other and he picked up one of the pillows that were on the side of the bed and began to punch the one underneath him with it, laughing hilariously at the other.

With arms folded on her chest and a frown masking her face, she called. "Jesse," Lola called sternly and he paused in his position then the one beneath him pushed him aside making him fall on the bed on his side.

"Good morning, Mom," Khalid said with his usual charming smile, sitting up on the bed.

Jesse sat on the bed beside Khalid after throwing him a glare, then he faced his mother with innocent eyes.

"Morning, Mom," he greeted her with a big smile that did not get the reaction he wants from his mother.

Lola didn't smile back as she didn't seem fazed by the boys' innocent look and charming smile. They knew they were wrong and that smile was supposed to make her look past what they did. But it wasn't working.

Instead, her arms remained folded on her chest as she narrowed her eyes on the two sitting next to each other on the bed.

"It's Jesse's fault." Khalid tried to defend himself as their smile had failed to work.

Jesse slapped his forehead and Khalid groaned. "It was his fault. He--"

"Shut up, Jesse," his mother ordered, unimpressed.

Khalid forced out a laugh and Jesse smack him again. This time he returned his. He slapped the back of his head hard and the other elbowed him on his side.