** TWENTY-FOUR **

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." _
Muhammad Ali     

*******

               HAMID PARKED HIS car in an empty space in the parking lot at the back of the popular electronic company which was been controlled by the one and only boyfriend of his best friend.

"I thought he would be here waiting for you." Hamid said with an eye roll as he put the car to a stop.

He never hide the fact that he doesn't like Joanne boyfriend. He was just tolerating him because of Joanne.

Now they were in the car park and Tosin - Joanne boyfriend hasn't show up as he promised his girlfriend.

"You know he is a busy man. But don't worry he would be down soon." Joanne said confidently. Hamid simply glanced at her and then looked away.

Lifting his eyes from his iPad, Hamid noticed Joanne staring out of the window. "Where is he?" Hamid complained when they've waited ten minutes in the parking lot and Tosin wasn't in sight or yet to appear.

"Be patient Hamid. He will be down soon. Maybe he is in a meeting." Joanne defended her boyfriend and she brought out her phone from her handbag to text him.

"You're just covering up for him. If he was in a meeting, he won't have asked you to wait at the parking lot. Thank God he did because I will leave you and drive away if you decides to go into the building." Hamid told boredly, looking away.

Joanne didn't say anything in reply. She knew for a fact that Hamid doesn't like Tosin since the first day she introduced them to one another. And she had tried to make things work between them but it was all to no avail.

"I don't know why you still can't accept him as my boyfriend Hamid. Tosin is a nice guy just like you." She tried convincing him. "He's.." He didn't let her finish before he said.

"Please, don't compare him with me." Hamid said a bit of exasperation lacing his voice.

Joanne shook her head and gave up. It is quite hard to change Hamid's mind.

"Speaking of the devil and he shall appear. He is here." Hamid nodded at the rear mirror. It was reflecting the entrance of the elevator that lead into the parking lot.

Joanne followed his gesture and she saw her boyfriend in his white shirt, navy blue office trouser and a matching tie, walking toward their car with a small paper bag in his hand.

A smile curled across her beautiful face, as it lit up at the sight of him. She quickly excused herself and then opened the car door, leaving the car.

Hamid watched as his best friend went over to her boyfriend and fell into his arms through the rear mirror.

He wasn't even that tall. Hamid thought as he watched the couples embracing each other.

He doesn't know why but he never like Tosin since the first time he met him. He was older than him, three years older than Joanne herself. And he was the usual sophisticated looking guy. He was born rich, educated and influential. His parents own the popular and biggest electronic company in the country and he was the acting CEO of the company. He was also handsome and seem like a nice guy.

But his spirit never goes well with him from the very first day. He just forced himself to tolerate him. The feeling was also mutual. Hamid knew that he doesn't him too. Tosin felt insecure around him. He just pretend to like him whenever his girlfriend is around. But he didn't tell Joanne that.