**TWENTY-SEVEN**

I decided to give two updates and here is the second update. This chapter is longer than the previous one and I hope you enjoy reading it.

P.S. - I explained Hamid's condition in the first part of this chapter in a little detail so that you can understand. It might seem unnecessary to some but don't skip it. I believe you can learn something from it. You can get to learn a few things from it as I do. It's also part of the book.

Once again, I appreciate your patience. 🙇

Thanks, and enjoy!

////////////////

“The love of family and the admiration of friends are much more important than wealth and privilege.” — Charles Kuralt

*******

                 AN HOUR LATER, the doctors attending to Hamid came out of the emergency room and approached the family. Their family doctor came along with another doctor that the family doesn't recognise and Fareed quickly went to meet them halfway.

He was already worried sick of waiting and anticipating the doctors.  And he couldn't wait any longer to hear about his son.

"Hey Josh, Doctor." He said acknowledging the other doctor beside his friend and brother-in-law who also happened to be their family doctor.

"Fareed." He greeted back in acknowledgement. "Ada." He said moving over to the side to meet the weeping woman. She raised her head to peer at the doctor.

"Doctor Joshua, how is my son?" She asked as tears streamed down her eyes.

Everyone was staring at the doctors, awaiting their responses.

The two doctors exchanged glances then the other nodded at his colleague, excused himself and then left.

"What is it, Joshua?" Fareed asked his doctor again after the other doctor excused himself. He sounded and looked extremely worried after noticing the glance that the doctors exchanged before the other left. "How is my son?" His eyes pleading and looking hopeful. There wasn't a single tear in his eyes but it didn't mean that he wasn't trying so hard internally to be strong. He was just holding it together for his family - his wife, daughter and son.

The doctor smiled softly at him and said in a reassuring tone. "For now, he is okay. The emergency procedure has made him stable. He is out of danger for now."

"Oh!" A sigh of relief escaped everyone's lips at the doctor's statement. It's like they could finally breathe well.

"Can we see him?" Yasmine and Joanne asked simultaneously.

The doctor peered in their direction and then shook his head. "I'm afraid I can't let you go inside to see him for now. He is still in the ICU and has yet to regain consciousness. We can't let anyone see him for the time being."

"Oh!"

"Okay." They exhaled in sadness.

"Rest assured, he is doing fine. His vitals are stable and we believe he will regain consciousness soon." The doctor assured them after noticing their countenance.

They all shook their head in response.

"Reed, I will like to see you and your wife in my office." Doctor Joshua said to Fareed peering at the side at his wife who was weeping silently to herself.

Ada quickly brushed the tears on her face away with the sleeve of her clothes. She rubbed both Joanne's and Yasmine's arms.

"I'll leave her in your care, Jo," Ada said to Joanne and the latter nodded, assuring her with her eyes that she will do so. "I'll be back dear." She said to Yasmine who simply nodded. She gazed at her younger son that was fast asleep on Jared's thigh.