** FIFTY-ONE **

Hello there! It's been a while. I won't waste your time up here, but please read the author's note below the chapter.

Now you can dive into the chapter.

Enjoy reading.

****

"Happiness comes in many forms... It's okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be. - One Tree Hill.”

*****

ZAYN LET OUT a grunt as the jacket Jedekiah threw on him hit his head. He took the material and glared at an amused Jedekiah.

"Hey,"

"You almost forgot that," Jedekiah said with a smirk, turning away to zip his bag. 

Zayn rolled his eyes, saying nothing. 

"Won't you tell me thank you?" he teased. 

"In your wildest dreams," Zayn responded. 

"Goat," Jedekiah insulted.

"That's me. Greatest of all Time," Zayn said proudly with a grin on his face.

Jedekiah burst into a peal of laughter. "You're funny.” Then he turned away. “Anyway, I am done packing."

"Almost done with mine," Zayn told him.

A knock brought their attention to the wide open door. Jewel was standing at the door, leaning on the doorpost with her slender frame. It almost seemed like she was posing for the camera. 

She was in a tank top and black leggings. Her white patches were boldly revealing underneath the tank top. 

Somehow, she had begun to get more comfortable showing off her skin. 

"Hi," she greeted, waving shortly. 

"Hi," Jedekiah replied, picking up his headphones from the bed.

"I see you are done packing." She was actually talking to both of them, but Jedekiah noticed she was subtly looking at Zayn.

"Mnn," Jedekiah hummed in response. 

Then he glanced at his friend who was staring stupidly at Jewel. It's like she was the only person in the room. And he held back a chuckle. "I will leave you two. And don't forget to take your towel," Jedekiah reminded Zayn. “It's still in the bathroom.”

Zayn momentarily tore his gaze away from Jewel to his friend. He smiled and nodded in appreciation. "Oh, okay. Thanks."

Then he watched Jedekiah walk out of the room, leaving just him and Jewel.

"Hi,"

"Hi," Jewel responded as she strutted into the room, looking at his side of the bed. "You're almost done packing."

"Yes. What about you?" 

"I'm done too. Do you need help?"

"That's sweet of you, but I'm good. Thanks," he appreciated. 

She simply nodded and then took a seat on the bed close to the folded clothes on it. "You wanted to see me."

"Yeah," Zayn answered. His eyes sparkled with excitement. "Come."

Then he led them to the reading table in the room which was now empty containing only his camera and backpack.

"I want to show you something. It's my birthday gift to you."