** THIRTY-THREE **

"Say it, do it, don't wait. Nothing lasts forever."
- Brooke Davis (ONE TREE HILL)

*******

          CHINECHEREM WAS ON her bed, reading the big book on her thigh when she heard a knock on the door. And before she could reply the door knob twisted and it opened. Their eldest house help Mrs Shade appeared at the door. She poke her head at the entrance to see if she was in the room and when she saw her looking her way, a small smile appeared on her face and she stepped fully into the room.

"Mrs Shade hi," She greeted the woman that was like a mother and a friend to her. She had been the one keeping her company the last few weeks. Her father was barely home due to his new case. He had a case to handle in Abuja so he had been away for a week until he came back the day before.

Not like they chatted much in the first place.

The woman grinned at her. "Neche, your mom and sister are back."

"Oh, my God!" Chinecherem's eyes flew wide open at the announcement. "Really?" She asked to confirm.

"Yes, dear." The woman answered with a shake of her head. She was sincerely happy for the girl. She knew how sad the girl had been since her mother and sister left the house. It had been just her, her father and the big empty house.

Chinecherem jumped in excitement and quickly push the book on her thigh away and she climbed down the bed.

"Thank you." She appreciated and she ran past the woman out of the room. The woman chuckled and followed after her, closing the door she had left open.

Chinecherem ran down the stairs with excitement running through her.

She saw maids carrying bags up the stairs and her excitement doubled.

The news was true. Her mother is finally back!

Her father's secretary was saying something to her mother when she arrived at the sitting room. She had come earlier in the day to work on the new case with her father. But guess she was leaving and she happened to meet her mother on the way out.

The younger woman had a small smile on her face but the older woman had a look of disgust on her face as she speaks to her.

But that doesn't matter to Chinecherem. What mattered was her mother. What mattered was that she was standing there, here in the house. After three months. She was finally back.

A broad grin dragged its way across her face on seeing her. Tears pressed to the corner of her face as she stared at her mother. She was so happy to see her face again.

How much she misses her!

When the secretary walked away, she ran to meet her and she fell into her arms, surprising the woman.

"Mom." She threw herself into her mother's unexpected arms, squeezing her arms tightly around her back.

The woman was shocked for a second but then she hugged the girl back,  tapping her gently on the back.

"Mom, I've missed you so much," Chinecherem said to the woman, closing her eyes as she drew in her scent. She had missed her scent and presence so much. Not hearing from her or seeing her for a couple of months has been hard for her. And she missed her terribly.

She felt tears drop down her eyes and she did not care to wipe them off. She just holds tight to the woman.

"That's enough. I'm here now." The woman said urging her to pull away. She had taken her hands off her back when she noticed the look on her other daughter who was popping gum behind her.