** NINETEEN **

"You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.” _
F. Scott Fitzgerald

*******

DAYO WALKED OUT of his office with the manager and two supervisors following behind him. He said a few things to them after they stepped outside. He waved the other workers in sight goodbye. Then he went over to his car.

He drove out of the gate, waving at the gate man who was bowing and chanting different words of praise for him which wasn't a surprise to him. He always does that anytime he comes into the farm and when he is going. So he always tipped him whenever he comes.

This time, he smiled and waved shortly with one hand at him, then drove away.

He was on the main road when he received a call from his wife. He was surprised that she was calling. He had promised he would be home early that day to spend time with his family. And he had intended on surprising them by going home a bit earlier than planned.

Nevertheless, he answered his call.

"Hello dear," He said with a smile on his face but not taking his eyes off the road.

"D, I can't find Jewel." Was the first thing he heard his wife say. Her voice was shaky and was filled with fear and worries. "Sh-she she left..."

He looked confused and he doesn't understand what his wife was saying.
The sound of her voice made him worried, so he tried to ensure she was alright first.

"Dear, calm down." He said, calmly. Her breathing was heavy and she might have a panic attack at that rate. "Calm down. Just breathe. Breathe. In, out." She did as he instructed, breathing in and out. When her breathing has come down, he asked. "Are you standing?"

"Darling, I am..."

"IB, are you standing or not?"

"Is that important right now D?" She snapped at him.

"Will you listen to me?" He said  sternly. She didn't argue with him but instead took in a shaky breath.

"Sorry," She apologized. Her voice was calmer and apologetic but there was still an undertone of worry. "I'm standing."

"Okay, I want you to listen to me." He said as calmly as he could, stopping the car at a red light. "I need you to sit down and calm yourself. Then tell me what happened."

"D, D... It's..."

"Babe, calm down. Jewel is fine. She is going to be fine. I assure you. You know our daughter don't do anything irrational. That's Jewel for you." He tried assuring her.

"I don't think so."

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Then believe me. She is fine. What happen exactly?" He asked.

"We got the results from the doctor today. She was diagnosed with vit... Viti something. I can't remember what it is but it is a skin disorder." She answered him, still sounding worried.

"Vitiligo?" He said, more like a question of confirmation.

"Yes. Vitiligo. That is what the doctor called it. He said that is the cause for the white patches on her body." Ibukun explained to her husband. "She had been mute since the doctor give the diagnosis. She suddenly left the house with tears when we got home. And I can't find her and I can't seem to reach her too. I'm worried about her. I don't want something bad happening to Jewel."